Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 09:35 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,049,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeGirl78 View Post
The interstates down here make me miss the Watterson Expy in Louisville and I NEVER thought I would say that LOL
Really~? Why do you say that~? What part of Louisville did you live in when you were here~?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 05:43 AM

25 posts, read 38,922 times
I am from Seattle, and I love driving in South Florida. If you pay attention and watch out for an occasional 'hero', it's absolutely safe. I don't see why I-95 draws so many negative posts. I love it!

Old 05-29-2012, 06:42 AM

623 posts, read 1,303,436 times
Same for us (agree w zimanet). I guess it's all relative. Depending on where you may have come from, this is substantially better on so many levels.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:49 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Whatever! I've been in Italy for a week and a half now for business and now have some majorly new perspective on Florida drivers! Florida's highways, drivers, and even pedestrians are a DREAM compared to over here!

Old 05-29-2012, 12:38 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,596,944 times
Problem with South Florida in general is even with the modern road systems, many which are flat straight and require little to no driving skill, is it makes people crazy, impatient and think they are immortal. As well the influx of people from 3rd world countries where driving rules are not so pressing doesn't help. I had a few close calls with these types already, many often just jump right in front of you with no signal, then turn into a strip mall again with no signal and make sure they come to a complete stop in traffic to do so.

I have lived all over the place and never truly found a great place to drive, each state and area has it's issues, but living here I have experienced the worst of it, mainly at high speed with idiot maneuvers and tail gating along with a illegal u-turn at a light from the straight lane turning in front of two turning lanes. People just don't care, they are totally oblivious of others around them.

You have all types, the thugs with their stereotypical vehicles, the old people and their Lexus, Cadillac and Buick's, many are seasonal and should not be driving, totally devoid of the world around them, then you have the big trucks with the 8 inch in diameter exhaust pipes bellowing diesel fumes and so on. Not to mention how some truckers drive on the turnpike, speeding and making improper lane changes going way over the speed limit tailgating and etc.

Best place I ever driven, was Germany and even on the Autobahn doing 100mph+ you will never see the antics of what you see down here or elsewhere in the US. They take driving way more serious than here, it's a privilege to drive there and it's very expensive to get your license, not so easy like here. The mindset is completley different....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach