Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2012, 06:26 AM

2 posts, read 3,473 times

Advertisements

My fiancé and I are planning on moving from our current home (the rent is just too much) and we have been eyeing this house on Aspen Rd, Zip 33409, we really want to stay in West Palm because we both work really close to where we are now. Unfortunately we haven't been able to find anything for under 1,000 that looks decent (either the house is not what we saw in pictures or the neighborhood is atrocious)

We also have a German Shepard, sweetest girl ever, but of course she's 50 pounds and on the "restricted" list (which I think is a joke, seeing as it's the small dogs I think that bite more...love 'em, but it's true) Anyways we are also expecting our first child and safety for the baby and our dog is very important to us.

The subdivision says Golfview Heights 02 and being new to Florida itself, especially west palm beach, we have no real idea of where the best places are to look. Is this area ok? The neighborhood looked a little shabby, but it seemed more unkept, some houses were a little over grown but there were no real red flags that I could see...it also looked like they were repaving the road?

Any suggestions? Comments? Anything?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2012, 08:55 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,393,781 times
Um..... Aspen Rd. in 33409? That's the "West Gate" area, and no, I wouldn't recommend you live there unless you absolutely have to.... and that's usually never the case.

Maybe you can find a nice townhouse in the Villages area. From a private owner.

Old 09-29-2012, 02:52 PM

2 posts, read 3,473 times
Where would be the best place to look? Because we have been failing at this big time. We just went to look at it and, yeah, that's a 'No Thanks...' the place had someone living in the back and was way too much for what it was. 1,000 and they were renovating the crap out of it.

What is the best website to look off of? Or are there a bunch?

Old 09-30-2012, 07:20 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,445,439 times
Padmapper.com hotpads.com

Old 02-27-2014, 07:32 AM

102 posts, read 150,684 times
Small dogs do bite more, but the damage a small dog will do can typically be covered by the medical payments (around 5K) on your renters policy. If a German Shepard bit me, it would be a lot more damage and would most likely tap into your liability coverage. It's about severity, not frequency,

Old 02-27-2014, 09:28 AM

29 posts, read 54,899 times
The area code you are looking in is generally not a good area - especially at your price point. You might want to consider coming North a bit to Palm Beach Gardens, south a bit to Boynton Beach or West a little to Wellington, Royal Palm Beach areas. The drive will be worth it for your sense of safety a nicer rental. In your price point you are going to be in bad areas as far East as you are looking right now. I live in PBG and have a 4 months old baby - I love it! Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach