Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 08:50 AM

7 posts, read 11,524 times

Advertisements

I'm 33 yo guy. Moving down to Boca for work. I'm unable to make it down there before my move date in early August to be able to explore the area, so I'm having to do it all remotely.

Looking for:
1 year apartment rental (1 or 2 bedroom)
Young, professional crowd
Good environment for my 40 lbs full grown dog who likes to run (dog park or doggy daycare nearby a plus)
Similar style condo as Brickell living or South Beach Miami
My dog runs my life - so anything that makes her happy, makes me happy - so any close bodies of water or large play areas for her is always a plus
For me, good community with nearby restaurants and liveliness with a young crowd will be best

Recommendations included:
The Heritage in Boca The Heritage at Boca Raton | Boca Raton FL
**** but recently read some very bad reviews about management online)
Broadstone Residences | Broadstone
Palmetto Place Palmetto Place Apartments in Boca Raton, FL | Apartments.com
Mizner Park Mizner Park Apartments Apartments: Photos, Floorplans, Availability and Pricing. Address: 401 NE Mizner Boulevard Suite 201, Boca Raton, FL. Luxury Gables Apartments for Rent.
Archstone (nothing available right now)

Any suggestions on these places would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2013, 02:55 PM

84 posts, read 167,740 times
I'd pick Delray over Boca because I think there is a younger crowd there. Check for places near Atlantic Ave. Mizner is a nice area but it can be pretty pricy as well. I am anti-Boca for the most part because I think it's too crowded and uppity.

I'd say Delray is more like Brickell/SoBe the closer you get to the water.

Old 06-24-2013, 02:58 PM

5,023 posts, read 7,452,988 times
Boca's more snobby.. Delray's more down to earth.
It depends which you prefer.

Old 06-24-2013, 03:34 PM

2,091 posts, read 7,518,242 times
Delray petsmart has doggie day care.

Old 06-24-2013, 03:51 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,400,402 times
Depending on your budget there are some real nice condos on 5th in Delray, there's also Pineapple Grove and Worthing Place.
I'm 33 but not single, If I were I'd probably be living in Delray.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:23 PM

84 posts, read 167,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
Boca's more snobby.. Delray's more down to earth.
It depends which you prefer.
I agree with this completely, having lived in both places.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:39 PM

7 posts, read 11,524 times
Thank you so much for the replies. I looked at Worthing Place. Seems they have a couple places open - Any idea of the property there? Good community?
Is Pineapple Grove an apartment complex or a shopping center area? I was trying to find it but couldn't.

Thanks!

Old 06-25-2013, 07:28 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,400,402 times
Pineapple Grove is just north of Atlantic off of 3rd. Condo's that they started renting out when the market crashed. I believe they sell and rent them now. One building is directly on the tracks though...

Worthing place is a great location. Might get a little loud (restaurants right below) now and then but that's true for most places in downtown Delray.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:00 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,596,944 times
Delray is full of a lot of retirees and crabby old people. Downtown Delray is probably the best choice if you can stand the seasonal crowds, noise and etc.....West and Central Delray is a lot of Kings Point and active adult living, velcro strap tan sneakers, members only jacket wearing...driving a Cadillac or Grand Marquis driving types. Boca is a mix of both but with a lot pretentious and more wealthy people. Jewish population is high in Delray and Boca, good place to live for either and temples galore.

Also keep in mind "Season", that is October through April, traffic, grocery stores and restaurants, packed and crowded.

I think Las Olas in Fort Lauderdale might be more your speed....closer to Miami too.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:15 PM

2,091 posts, read 7,518,242 times
A brief search found lake Ida dog park in delray, and apparently the very north end of the beach is dog friendly. For the most part you'll want to steer clear of fresh water due to microbes, bacteria, alligators and snakes. I believe there are some cafes with outdoor seating that are pet friendly, in either Boca, delray, or both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach