Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 06:33 AM

7 posts, read 9,819 times

Advertisements

Artanis, your posts are very frustrated and I am sorry you're having so much difficulty. Before I go into details for your particular search, please post whether you have found a place or not. I specialize in higher end properties -- the luxury gated communities, country clubs, waterfront and oceanfront residences that come with the HOA fees, equity and initiation charges. In Florida, it is difficult to maneuver through the "communities" without a guide -- in this case a Realtor. Most wealthy people wouldn't dream of looking at communities or buildings without one. -- you are the buyer and that means you are not paying for his or her expertise. I am NOT looking to represent you -- I am the Boca Raton and Delray Beach expert and at price points starting at $400,000. What I am suggesting is get "help" with your search from someone who's going to know the answers -- a Realtor -- and in your situation I personally would suggest one who doesn't have a stable of listings, which means an agenda to show you what they're listing above other Realtors's listings in that community.

The people in this forum have been attempting to help you. They took the time to read your post about your family and you are getting angry when they personalize their answer to you. They aren't professionals and are people trying to give advice to someone who asked for it based on their limited set of experience in real estate. You are looking for specific answers to make a life decision on -- a professional's assistance is free -- and will be much more targeted to what you want.

Moderator cut: no soliciting, please

Last edited by Marka; 05-04-2014 at 10:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2014, 02:50 PM

16 posts, read 42,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artanis50 View Post
Hi everyone,

My husband, 5 month old son and I just moved to West Palm Beach (from MA) to be closer to my parents. We are currently renting an apartment and come Spring time, we will be on the hunt for a house. I'm trying to do some research now so we don't spin our wheels. I need to be out of this apartment by January, 2015.

Anyway ..... We really want to live in a gated community and there are SO MANY in this area, I need help narrowing down the choices and finding something that will fit our lifestyle.

Ideally, I would like to live somewhere that has a younger feel (I'm 35, husband is 30) and is family / kid friendly. Good schools, low crime of course. We need to have a single family detatched home with a fenced in yard (we have 2 dogs that need to run!). The budget is what will hurt us I think - I really can't go any higher than $275,000. I don't really care TOO much about a community "club" but it would be nice. We do not golf or play tennis.

Any help in narrowing down our options is greatly appreciated. We've only been here a little over a month, but fom the driving aroud I've done I really like Palm Beach Gardens. I've heard Jupiter is young / dog friendly. I have not liked Wellington too much from what I have seen, but I heard they have good schools.

Thanks

--
M
Have you looked at the Canyon communities in West Boynton? your post didn't indicate how far north/south you're willing to travel. Lots of young families with about 2k kids in the four gated communities. Elementary school is rated A Sunset Palms and you have the option of attending Boynton/West Boca schools or the charter school Somerset Academy for middle/high school.

As far as budget, many of these homes can go from the high $300k-$500k but sometimes you can get lucky with a short sale or foreclosed home but those go very fast once they are on the market. One house down the street was abandoned for years and when bank put it up for sale they had 17 offers in less than 2 weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach