Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2014, 08:21 AM

3 posts, read 3,465 times

Advertisements

Hi I was hoping you guys could help me out. We are a young couple (mid 20's) relocating down to the Boca area for school. Trying to decide where to look to rent that would be in our price range $1k/month give or take. Don't need to be directly next to campus. Would like to be closer to an airport than farther away, but doesn't need to be in our backyard. Love the beach. Any suggestions on where to look would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2014, 10:38 AM

5,023 posts, read 7,452,988 times
check out realtor.com

Old 06-19-2014, 12:32 PM

3 posts, read 3,465 times
Any idea which town or subdivision would suit us best?

Old 06-19-2014, 05:49 PM

536 posts, read 845,082 times
If you are both taking courses on the Boca campus, try to rent a house in East Boca. Central, not too expensive neighborhoods for renting include Boca Square, Country Club Village (walking distance to campus but very near the middle-school), and Palmetto Park Terrace, where I live.

The less commuting you must do when you first move here, the more you'll enjoy your first months here. It's best to make your new work area your centre. You may decide after a year that you would prefer another neighborhood, further out from campus. And at that point you'll know whether the hassle of a commute will be worth it for you.

Edit: PS: I use the FLL airport for frequent travel. From Palmetto Park Rd to I-95 to the airport is often a 25 minute drive. WPB airport is further away and since its redesign, a bit more difficult to access. Flights from PBI tend to be at least $40 more expensive per ticket, though once in a while it is the cheaper airport. PBI used to be a laid-back place; the baggage claims were outdoors on the sidewalk when I moved here in the late 1980s.

I got put off by years of construction where one never knew where to turn. Perhaps it's better now, but the best airport is FLL, for variety of carriers and ease of access.

Old 06-20-2014, 08:43 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,596,944 times
Going to be hard to find anything safe and nice in around Boca for $1K/month, probably go up to $1200-1300 depends on your standards as not all of Boca is as ritzy as it's portrayed.

BTW there is an airport right next to FAU, but you can only fly out of there if your a student at Spanish River HS...if you don't get the joke, just drive by the Spanish River HS student parking lot when school is in session...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach