Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 04:36 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrico90 View Post
Very true, I'm just making reference to the actual data. If we had the actual locations we can really tell what are the bad areas within the locations. Do we have the size of the area so we can get an approximate calculation of murders within the actual area....
Well, when it comes to property crime, the per 100k thing is a fair measure. Not an exact risk statistic but at least a comparison tool. However for murders, yes they tend to be "Clustered", and be realistic, what are the chances of you being randomly killed walking down the street, unless you know somebody? I'm not saying robberies and stray bullet incidents don't occur, nor would I want to live in a city with a lot of that kind of activity...because in fact the recent spikes of homicide down here have my wondering how much longer I should stay. 2 years ago there were 2.8 murders per 100k in Broward, now were approaching the national average and exceeded Palm Beach County in sheer number for the first time in a few years and hit double digits for the first time since the crack den era...so, when should I move? LOL

To get back on topic, stay west of Military Trail unless you like crime. That area is also unincorporated so I would think unincorporated Boynton Beach would be probably in the high 200s for crime index, although a very large amount of burglaries have been occurring out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2008, 04:42 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,164,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Well, when it comes to property crime, the per 100k thing is a fair measure. Not an exact risk statistic but at least a comparison tool. However for murders, yes they tend to be "Clustered", and be realistic, what are the chances of you being randomly killed walking down the street, unless you know somebody? I'm not saying robberies and stray bullet incidents don't occur, nor would I want to live in a city with a lot of that kind of activity...because in fact the recent spikes of homicide down here have my wondering how much longer I should stay. 2 years ago there were 2.8 murders per 100k in Broward, now were approaching the average and exceeded Palm Beach County in sheer number for the first time in a few years and hit double digits for the first time since the crack den era...so, when should I move? LOL

Might depend on the growth and changes to the location. But anything is possible...Hopefully goes down and everyone can benefit on a safer location...

Old 03-04-2008, 02:57 PM

2 posts, read 8,554 times
As for crime in Boynton Beach, I would just recommend staying east of I-95. I have lived in Boynton Beach for the past 12 years, always between Congress Ave. and Military. Never had any problems or felt unsafe. I also enjoy easy access to the beach, Mall and other shopping, a wide variety of restaurants, and I-95. What people haven't mentioned is that by living too far west in communities like Wellington, you experience more bugs, rain, and no sea breeze, in addition to having a LONG drive to the beach. And isn't the ocean why most of us move here?

Old 03-04-2008, 07:32 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,249,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by we6rcats View Post
As for crime in Boynton Beach, I would just recommend staying east of I-95. I have lived in Boynton Beach for the past 12 years, always between Congress Ave. and Military. Never had any problems or felt unsafe. I also enjoy easy access to the beach, Mall and other shopping, a wide variety of restaurants, and I-95. What people haven't mentioned is that by living too far west in communities like Wellington, you experience more bugs, rain, and no sea breeze, in addition to having a LONG drive to the beach. And isn't the ocean why most of us move here?
You would RECOMMEND staying east of the highway? Unless you live on the intracostal, in a condo or a similar area, east Boynton is very dangerous...

The air in Boynton Beach is definitely superior to the western communities though...

Does anyone else find it awkward that some areas west of Military Trail have Boynton BEACH addresses, despite how far they actually are from the beach?

Old 03-21-2008, 10:09 AM

439 posts, read 1,748,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMadison View Post
As a native to the area, born in Lake Worth, but lived in the North County, anything south of PGA Blvd. is going to be bad. My former classmate, Barry Grunow was shot being a teacher in Lake Worth. Go Google on it, that should get you started.

I remember when that happened.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:48 AM

2 posts, read 8,554 times
Sorry PBCboy, I got my directions mixed up. I meant to say to stay west of I-95.
A lot of the crime mentioned previously involves gang on gang incidents and drug deals gone wrong and is east of I-95. And that type of violence is just as prevalent in Delray Beach and Boca Raton, if not more so.

Last edited by we6rcats; 03-21-2008 at 10:50 AM.. Reason: clarification

Old 03-22-2008, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by we6rcats View Post
Sorry PBCboy, I got my directions mixed up. I meant to say to stay west of I-95.
A lot of the crime mentioned previously involves gang on gang incidents and drug deals gone wrong and is east of I-95. And that type of violence is just as prevalent in Delray Beach and Boca Raton, if not more so.
Actually, the crime rates in Boynton Beach are higher than both those areas - higher than Delray Beach, and FAR higher than in the safe Boca Raton. I rarely hear of instances of this in Boca, sometimes hear about them in Delray, but always hear about them in Boynton.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:30 PM

923 posts, read 3,094,744 times
Village Royale on the Green --- Does anyone know anything about this complex ??? The
condos are really cheap, considering the area. Give me the GOOD, BAD and the UGLY !!

Old 03-24-2008, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkotb View Post
Village Royale on the Green --- Does anyone know anything about this complex ??? The
condos are really cheap, considering the area. Give me the GOOD, BAD and the UGLY !!
The good:
Short drive to the beach
If you frequently use the highway it is about a mere minute away driving distance
Gated community which keeps out some of the crime

Bad:
Surrounded by what is essentially a slum (this is located in the heart of East Boynton where you frequently hear about murders and drug deals gone wrong)
Close to the highway so therefore bad pollution

Old 04-01-2008, 02:05 PM

4 posts, read 50,559 times
Well it seems it doesn't matter much where you live in Florida. My husband and i have only been here since last November and have already become crime victims. We are in a gated community in Boynton Beach area which many here have mentioned is a nice area. We had our bicycle stolen from INSIDE our garage. I was shocked to say the least, I just can't imagine how someone could just walk into another persons garage and take something, and we probably had it opened for all of 20 minutes. I suspect one of our neighbors probably did it.
I have lived in New York City for many years, walked the streets of Manhattan late at night many times and never felt safer. When we moved to New Jersey we kept that bike on our patio for months, and it took moving to Florida to have it stolen within only 5 months of living here.WHAT A SHAME!!
I don't care much that the bike is gone but the violation is something that will take me a while to get over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach