Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 03:24 PM

136 posts, read 366,372 times

Advertisements

I have a couple job interviews for teaching positinos West Palm Beach, but I am looking more towards Boynton Beach for an apartment. Has anyone ever heard anything about Heron Point Apartments in Boynton Beach? The prices are pretty reasonable and they have deals for Palm Beach county school district employees. From the pictures on rent.com they don't look to bad, but you can't really tell much from pictures and you deffinitely can't get a feel for the area. Is it safe there?
Also, does anyone have any other suggesstions as to where I should look for an apartment if I am working in West Palm Beach?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2008, 03:26 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,901,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kel9798 View Post
I have a couple job interviews for teaching positinos West Palm Beach, but I am looking more towards Boynton Beach for an apartment. Has anyone ever heard anything about Heron Point Apartments in Boynton Beach? The prices are pretty reasonable and they have deals for Palm Beach county school district employees. From the pictures on rent.com they don't look to bad, but you can't really tell much from pictures and you deffinitely can't get a feel for the area. Is it safe there?
Also, does anyone have any other suggesstions as to where I should look for an apartment if I am working in West Palm Beach?
Is it east or west of Jog Road. I wouldn't live east of Jog in Boynton. Boynton is mostly a very pretty looking area, but the property crime rate tends to be on the high side.

Old 01-08-2008, 03:34 PM

136 posts, read 366,372 times
I looked on google earth and it looks like it is just east of jog road. Is that not a good place to go? Any suggestons on apartments that are not to expensive in a better area?

Old 01-08-2008, 03:49 PM

Quote:
I looked on google earth and it looks like it is just east of jog road. Is that not a good place to go? Any suggestons on apartments that are not to expensive in a better area?
If it's immediately east and further south (I think that complex is off of BB Blvd, I visit that area fairly frequently although I'm not sure about the complex itself) it should be fine, in fact thats a nice area. I'm not familiar down to that particular complex but as long as it's a well managed complex (not letting low-class people in, as is happening with a lot of those complexes), you shouldn't have a problem. However Boynton Beach, even the far west portions, is currently experience a wave of property crime, especially burglaries of cars and homes, although they are mostly targeting the more upscale (but ungated) communities out west of the Turnpike and large shopping centers.

That's actually a pretty nice area, but you might also want to look into Wellington, Royal Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens (probably too expensive) or the unincorporated western sections of West Palm Beach.

Also, avoid stopping at those fast food places off of 95 on BB Blvd even if you just have to use the bathroom badly like I did. In fact don't go east of Congress. I had my first (and only) South Florida gang encounter in that section of Boynton.

Last edited by compelled to reply; 01-08-2008 at 04:00 PM..

Old 01-08-2008, 04:24 PM

398 posts, read 1,409,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
If it's immediately east and further south (I think that complex is off of BB Blvd, I visit that area fairly frequently although I'm not sure about the complex itself) it should be fine, in fact thats a nice area. I'm not familiar down to that particular complex but as long as it's a well managed complex (not letting low-class people in, as is happening with a lot of those complexes), you shouldn't have a problem. However Boynton Beach, even the far west portions, is currently experience a wave of property crime, especially burglaries of cars and homes, although they are mostly targeting the more upscale (but ungated) communities out west of the Turnpike and large shopping centers.

That's actually a pretty nice area, but you might also want to look into Wellington, Royal Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens (probably too expensive) or the unincorporated western sections of West Palm Beach.

Also, avoid stopping at those fast food places off of 95 on BB Blvd even if you just have to use the bathroom badly like I did. In fact don't go east of Congress. I had my first (and only) South Florida gang encounter in that section of Boynton.
get a gun brother.

Old 01-08-2008, 05:04 PM

923 posts, read 3,094,513 times
Quote:
I have rented and owned in Boynton Beach over the past 15 years. My
suggestion to you is look further north, perhaps, Palm Beach Gardens, there
are some nice complexes, not tooooo expensive. But, overall, from my
experience of renting and owning in Florida ---- I would NEVER buy anything,
in any location, unless --- I rented there first. Good Luck

Old 01-08-2008, 05:25 PM

4 posts, read 50,557 times
Default New Jersey/new York, New To Florida

Hello everyone, my husband and I just moved to the Boynton Beach area.
we found a nice place in a gated community south of congress. We've only been here about two months and I'm still trying to figure out what the "better" parts of Boynton are. We are on SW23rd, is that considered a nice area or safe? We are currently renting and trying to figure out the best place to eventually buy. Hubby works in Boca. Any advice?
I'm very happy to have found this forum, it is quite difficult being in a new town, not knowing anyone. what are fun things to do and see in the area without having to drive to Miami? thanks everyone.

Old 01-08-2008, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALICIA246 View Post
Hello everyone, my husband and I just moved to the Boynton Beach area.
we found a nice place in a gated community south of congress. We've only been here about two months and I'm still trying to figure out what the "better" parts of Boynton are. We are on SW23rd, is that considered a nice area or safe? We are currently renting and trying to figure out the best place to eventually buy. Hubby works in Boca. Any advice?
I'm very happy to have found this forum, it is quite difficult being in a new town, not knowing anyone. what are fun things to do and see in the area without having to drive to Miami? thanks everyone.
That's a very nice part of Boynton, more like Delray really. But if your hubby works in Boca, why not just live in Boca?

Old 01-08-2008, 05:55 PM

4 posts, read 50,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
That's a very nice part of Boynton, more like Delray really. But if your hubby works in Boca, why not just live in Boca?
At the time we were looking at rentals we set our limit at $1500. so the realtor didn't show much in Boca for that price, apparently everything there is a lot higher. However, we are considering Boca when we decide to buy.
Thanks.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALICIA246 View Post
At the time we were looking at rentals we set our limit at $1500. so the realtor didn't show much in Boca for that price, apparently everything there is a lot higher. However, we are considering Boca when we decide to buy.
Thanks.
Really? I wouldn't think it would be hard to find something nice in West Boca for that price. Coconut Creek is a little closer to Boca than BB (directly due south), has more affordable rent than BB or Boca and it's actually safer than the two. It's mostly a newer middle class community, but stay out of the complexes (traps) in the south part of Coconut Creek.

Did your realtor find anything in Delray? Except for some pretty nasty parts east of 95, Delray is mostly a nice area too and it's right above Boca, and you should definitely not have a problem finding something nice for 1500. I like Delray's renewed downtown area and beaches too.

As far as better areas in Boynton, really north of Wolbright, the west is best. Like way west, out towards Jog Road, although a lot of areas are nice to Military Trail. I dunno, that's too far of an unnecessary commute to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach