Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2015, 10:07 AM

43 posts, read 54,801 times

Advertisements

managed community says "basic cable" included with maint. fee. how does that work? if i order phone & internet service to go with TV, will i just pay a charge for the balance, or is this a no win situation for me? does anyone live in one of these managed communities?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2015, 12:55 PM

48 posts, read 67,869 times
My HOA fee includes standard cable service and HBO, so on my bill it says "Provided by your Association" next to those 2 items, and it shows 0.00 charge for those. On the same bill, it shows the separate charge for my XFinity Internet, since that's not included in my HOA fee. I don't have a landline phone.

I have to say that with Comcast, as I'm sure with Verizon and other companies, you have to check your bill each month because it's always going up. We're always calling Comcast to have the bill reduced. They do reduce it, but the next month they decide to add or increase another tax or fee, thus leading to another phone call or email from us.

Long story short, you should see on your bill that you're not being charged for basic cable. Just watch your bill for your internet and phone charges, because Comcast will raise them almost every month. That's been our experience.

Old 02-04-2015, 07:13 PM

25 posts, read 62,411 times
Comcast is the absolute worst! I have had them since moving to Florida 8 months ago. They can never get a bill right, if you need customer service, they will hang up on you (multiple times). We tried ordering a pay per view event on Saturday, they disconnected my call 6 times before I was able to speak to a representative! I ordered AT&T UVerse today, I have heard it is much better!

Old 02-07-2015, 08:43 PM

157 posts, read 332,937 times
It's not. Uverse sucks donkey nutz.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:37 PM

981 posts, read 899,886 times
i have both at&t and comcast - one in residence and other in office. comcast is THE WORST. the majority of the staff, including the installers, are contractors which in my opinion means zero accountability when things inevitably go wrong. pay particular attention to the promotional packages they offer. they claim pricing for two but of course hike the price after year one. often times if you are sold the promo by their door to door salespeople they will not document the promo terms in the agreement so you dont have a leg to stand on. i have cancelled many add on services only to have them appear on bills forevermore. at first i thought pure incompetence but after seeing this happen so many times, i am convinced it is a revenue generating policy - as most people might miss the charge or simply give up (as i did) after hours of torturous hold times on the phone, i have probably spent a week of vacation time resolving comcast issues.

at&t isnt perfect, but to date havent had anything close to the issues ive seen with comcast. i keep hoping someone gets a class action lawsuit going because i am SO on board!

Old 02-10-2015, 01:02 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,165,263 times
Comcast was awful for us too. My dfs have it included in the Hoa fees. The HOA apparently contracted with Comcast to get a good deal if all would sign up - so it's pretty cheap. FTR when I go there, I can't even watch the TV - beyond awful.

Old 02-13-2015, 07:42 PM

25 posts, read 62,411 times
When we had comcast, we thought we had a problem with our new t.v. as the sound did not match the picture. It was off as if we were watching a movie with subtitles. We have not had that issue with At&t
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach