Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 09:01 AM

38 posts, read 83,262 times

Advertisements

We're not at the top of the economic scale, but have found some "maybe" places in Boynton and Delray. Specifically, any comments of Coral Trace in Delray or Cascades in Boynton?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2015, 01:26 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,398,190 times
Both are nice.
Delray tends to be a little more expensive for real estate.

Old 02-26-2015, 07:55 PM

293 posts, read 499,999 times
Boynton will be tend to be a little more orientated towards seniors and Cascades will offer you excellent value for your money with a very active clubhouse. I think it is a much better choice than Coral Trace.

Old 02-27-2015, 11:28 AM

154 posts, read 388,595 times
come down rent first if you plan to live year round try before you buy! these places look so nice on the out side and the relator's make them sound so sweet until you find a managing board from hell, neighbors that are crazy, too many old folks, too far from anything , too much traffic , too many rules, it gets old fast so jump in and get hands on research with out the commitment!

Old 02-27-2015, 02:01 PM

if you are not on top of the economic scale I strongly advise not to rent. #1 you are throwing away money renting, #2 you will pay to move twice and that additional move will cost you at least another $5000, again money thrown away.
If you like a community ask if you can spend a day and go there and spend 1 day by the pool and spea kto residents. No need to rent for 1 year, a big waste IMO

Old 02-27-2015, 02:46 PM

1,640 posts, read 2,655,346 times
Both Boynton and Delray are very retiree-oriented, especially compared to other communities in Palm Beach County like Boca Raton, Palm Beach Gardens, Jupiter, etc. that are definitely more family-oriented.

However, IMO, Delray is slightly more upscale than Boynton, which is why real estate in Delray tends to a be little more expensive than real estate in Boynton, especially west of Military.

Delray also has one of the nicest downtown areas of any coastal community in South Florida. FWIW, I don't even think Boynton has a downtown at all or, if it does, not much of one. Seeing as how I lived in southern Palm Beach County for years and can't recount whether or not Boynton has a downtown area should speak volumes, anyway.

Delray is closer to Boca, too, for upscale shopping and dining as well as cultural events. I haven't lived in Florida for years, but from what I can remember, the Boynton Beach Mall was pretty ghetto, especially compared to Town Center Mall and Mizner Park in Boca.

Finally, Delray, like Boca Raton further south, is an oceanfront community with significant beach access whereas Boynton is not. Boynton's waterfront, OTOH, is in the intracoastal while the barrier islands are occupied by the Cities of Gulf Stream and Ocean Ridge, so I doubt the City of Boynton Beach offers annual beach parking permits to city residents like the Cities of Boca Raton and Delray Beach. Food for thought if you're a frequent beach-goer.

Delray would be my choice.

Old 02-28-2015, 01:26 PM

#1 west of military in Boynton is the better part of Boynton, the farther west you go the nicer and more expensive it gets.

#2 if you are a Boynton resident they most certainly do offer beach parking passes

Parking at Oceanfront Park

Parking is available to anyone at Oceanfront Park for the seasonal fee of $5 (May 1 through November 15) or $10 (November 16 through April 30) per day. Residents may purchase annual beach decals. Certain vehicles are exempt from parking fees. Please click here for more information. Please note that during our busiest season (January - May), the parking lot may fill up. Resident decals do not guarantee that parking spaces are always available.

#3 Boca also has a very wide stretch where the city limits stop at the intra-coastal, from Linton to almost Spanish river is all highland beach and not Boca.

you are correct about the malls etc in Boynton, most folks would shop in either Wellington or Boca, but Delray also has some very "ghetto like" areas east of 95 off Atlantic and Linton and in between.

I would not rule out Boynton for a retirement community, I would if you were looking for a non retirement family orientated, but same goes for Del-Ray

Old 03-03-2015, 09:22 AM

38 posts, read 83,262 times
Thanks to everyone for sharing. Good information. I'll take it under advisement.

Old 03-06-2015, 07:05 AM

4 posts, read 5,849 times
Been considering Kings Point(KP) Delray Beach, as well as KP in Tamarac. any better or best suggestions about either for active early 60s retired male? Looking more under the 75K price range. Probably more interested in some golf, trash to treasure and woodworking and some card game past times besides the social interactions with similar. thanks

Old 03-06-2015, 08:01 AM

194 posts, read 427,710 times
You may to look up Wynmoor Village in Coconut Creek. Has what you are looking, price range, activities and a golf course. Gated community and the condos are bigger than KP or Century Village. Kings Point in Tamarac is newer but pricing under 75k likely scarce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach