Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 07:40 PM

260 posts, read 324,283 times

Advertisements

I can argue that when people trash-talk particular locations for having a lot of stereotypical "white trash" (a racial slur that only goes to demonstrate the blatant double standard so prevalent this day and age)... I can always shift that argument in another direction by offering MY insights into the trash of West Boca (everything from privileged youth with a knack for substance/drug abuse, reckless partying, etc, to KKK-embracing individuals in Sandalfoot), and of course, we'd find common ground there. And what about the panhandlers on Glades + 441? Homeless drifters at Windward Plaza? I actually have more sympathy for them than the privileged, Ivy (BS) League-educated affluent individuals in Boca Falls, Boca Woods, etc. I actually recall reading a thread on here, in which a poster complained about the intoxicated, miserable housewives bi*ching while cowering in their Boca Falls McMansions...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2016, 04:59 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,636,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Watch View Post
All I'm pointing out is that this isn't the utopia people make it out to be.
You still are not getting it. Let me phrase it differently. Is it possible that it's simply not YOUR utopia?

Old 01-06-2016, 09:04 AM

17,314 posts, read 22,056,580 times
Quote:
I actually have more sympathy for them than the privileged, Ivy (BS) League-educated affluent individuals in Boca Falls, Boca Woods, etc. I actually recall reading a thread on here, in which a poster complained about the intoxicated, miserable housewives bi*ching while cowering in their Boca Falls McMansions...
A. There is no money in Boca Woods......cheap little ranch houses with a gate and golf course they are struggling to pay for.
B. I would expect miserable housewives in "Boca Falls into the Everglades" but Ivy league/affluent hardly! If they were Ivy educated and affluent they wouldn't live in Boca Falls!

Old 01-06-2016, 09:32 AM

16,905 posts, read 16,130,561 times
"Personal" stories belong in personal blogs, not the forums. I've had my "personal" stories deleted for just that reason.
I was counseled that it was a "blog post" and not allowed in the forums.

I find nothing of value in reading the original post so I'm not really able to add anything to it.

Old 01-06-2016, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
"personal" stories belong in personal blogs, not the forums. I've had my "personal" stories deleted for just that reason.
I was counseled that it was a "blog post" and not allowed in the forums.

I find nothing of value in reading the original post so i'm not really able to add anything to it.
thank you.

Old 01-06-2016, 01:09 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,696,073 times
I knew someone that lived in Oaks of Boca, which at the time (like 2006) was brand new and it was like "ohhhhh wooooow" when u went in. The guard would ask who u are visiting and then proceed to print our directions to the house so you're not wondering around the neighborhood aimlessly looking for the home. . .

While the houses themselves were nice, they were on postage stamp properties....literally could reach out over ur fence and touch the next house next to you. ... Tiny little back yard which butted up against a man-made lake. The backyard consisting of a small "dipping pool" a few palm trees and bushes and a cement patio---that was it!

Old 01-07-2016, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
I knew someone that lived in Oaks of Boca, which at the time (like 2006) was brand new and it was like "ohhhhh wooooow" when u went in. The guard would ask who u are visiting and then proceed to print our directions to the house so you're not wondering around the neighborhood aimlessly looking for the home. . .

While the houses themselves were nice, they were on postage stamp properties....literally could reach out over ur fence and touch the next house next to you. ... Tiny little back yard which butted up against a man-made lake. The backyard consisting of a small "dipping pool" a few palm trees and bushes and a cement patio---that was it!
A lot of people actually like the houses with tiny yards. I don't get it, but I've had that very discussion with people on this forum.

Old 01-07-2016, 01:53 PM

260 posts, read 324,283 times
Whatever. I was just trying to state... West Boca is no better than any of the other cities frequently bashed by the townsfolk (ohhh, Loxahatchee has mean-spirited rednecks, they embrace freedom, ohhh)... I actually prefer that laid-back, working-class feel of Lox over the middle-class NY transplants who act like they're so much better than they really are. And I know many who feel the same.
Is West Boca YOUR 'utopia'?

Old 01-08-2016, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Whatever. I was just trying to state... West Boca is no better than any of the other cities frequently bashed by the townsfolk (ohhh, Loxahatchee has mean-spirited rednecks, they embrace freedom, ohhh)... I actually prefer that laid-back, working-class feel of Lox over the middle-class NY transplants who act like they're so much better than they really are. And I know many who feel the same.
Is West Boca YOUR 'utopia'?
No, it's not my utopia. Which is why I live in Davie. But you are still missing the point. West Boca IS better for people that like what it has to offer and who may like the location. I would 100% guarantee that you could go door to door and a huge majority of people would say they love living in West Boca.

Nothing you have said justifies "AVOID WEST BOCA." All you have really said is "West Boca isn't for me."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach