Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 05:33 PM

259 posts, read 1,324,401 times

Advertisements

Thanks, compelled to reply. So, I think you're saying a half hour from either Coral Springs or Weston unless there is a traffic snarl. Add ten minutes more to live in West Boca.

Since I am coming from Boston via Washington DC via Chicago......this south Florida commuting is going to be one piece of cake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2008, 12:42 AM

17 posts, read 78,860 times
I will be moving from Rome, Italy to a job in downtown West Palm Beach. I have a small son. Where could we live that is safe and still relatively close? We will rent for a year and hope to pay no more than $1000 for a 2 bedroom. Then we hope to buy a condo the following year. Any suggestions?

Old 05-05-2008, 07:40 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,596,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninrome View Post
I will be moving from Rome, Italy to a job in downtown West Palm Beach. I have a small son. Where could we live that is safe and still relatively close? We will rent for a year and hope to pay no more than $1000 for a 2 bedroom. Then we hope to buy a condo the following year. Any suggestions?
I would stay in Rome personally, but to answer your question your better living out west and commuting into downtown if you have kids, if you had no kids then living downtown wouldn't be bad. Look at Wellington, you can find something in that price range, more of a 1 bedroom apartment which cost around that price if not more.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:40 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Downtown West Palm Beach is the best place to live if you have no kids and work in downtown, but 2 bedrooms rent for the $1500 range, give or take.

Old 05-07-2008, 05:00 AM

Rome is a great place as a married couple, but with a child it is a nightmare. It is all concrete, no green at all. The streets are filthy, the people just through all the garbage right on the streets, including letting their dogs go and not cleaning it up. They park their cars and motorcycles on the sidewalks and crosswalks. Apparently a study came out saying that living in Rome is like smoking 5 cigarettes a day.
Surely West Palm Beach can be better than that?

Wellington is nice? What about Jupiter? Is that too far of a commute? I see lots of apartments in Palm Beach Gardens for around $1200 is that not a safe area?

Old 05-07-2008, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Rome is a great place as a married couple, but with a child it is a nightmare. It is all concrete, no green at all. The streets are filthy, the people just through all the garbage right on the streets, including letting their dogs go and not cleaning it up. They park their cars and motorcycles on the sidewalks and crosswalks. Apparently a study came out saying that living in Rome is like smoking 5 cigarettes a day.
Surely West Palm Beach can be better than that?

Wellington is nice? What about Jupiter? Is that too far of a commute? I see lots of apartments in Palm Beach Gardens for around $1200 is that not a safe area?
I would highly recommend Wellington since you have kid(s). Jupiter is nice, but a far drive from downtown WPB. Palm Beach Gardens is safe and a nice area as well.

Since your stated you will be working in downtown WPB, you can easily commute from the west on the Southern Blvd Expressway and be downtown without much hassle. From Palm Beach Gardens your looking at I-95, traffic is not the greatest but it's doable if you choose.

I would suggest you visit here and check out the areas mentioned for yourself.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:26 AM

I have been looking online for apartments in Wellington, Jupiter and Palm Beach Gardens. Amli at ibis apartments looks great, but is it safe? Any specific apartment complex suggestions? There isn't much online to look at in Wellington.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:33 AM

Quote:
I have been looking online for apartments in Wellington, Jupiter and Palm Beach Gardens. Amli at ibis apartments looks great, but is it safe? Any specific apartment complex suggestions? There isn't much online to look at in Wellington.
Amli at Ibis is a great location, don't know much about the apartment complex maybe check apartmentratings.com or something like that. Not much out there but I believe there is a shopping center with a Publix adjacent to it?

Wellington has a few apartment complexes:

Estates at Wellington Green (near the Mall and shopping and right off of Forest Hill Blvd.

View Estates at Wellington Green Apartments For Rent in Wellington, Florida - ForRent.com

There is also Polo Lakes and a few others, you can also find other rentals if you contact a realtor or pick up the Palm Beach Post.

Old 05-18-2008, 10:23 AM

Default 55+???

My 67 mother will be relocating there as well. Are there ANY 55 and older apartment complexes? I can't find anything on the internet. Are all the income restricted apartments for older tenants or unemployed ones?

Old 05-18-2008, 07:11 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Jeninrome, I would suggest moving to Abacoa in Jupiter to find rent in that price range... it's maybe a 15-20 minute commute into downtown, which is what it would take to get to Wellington from downtown West Palm Beach.... I also believe there is a 55 plus community in Palm Beach Gardens for your mother which is quite nice called "La Posada" which is 5 minutes from Abacoa near the Gardens Mall.

Jupiter is closer to the beach, and the schools are equal.

Here are some options IN Abacoa (lots of kids, family oriented neighborhood with a skate park, nature trails, playgrounds, community events at town center, etc.):

large 2/2 in ABACOA , JUPITER (http://westpalmbeach.craigslist.org/apa/678075893.html - broken link)

Downtown Abacoa Apartment 1150 sq. feet under air (http://westpalmbeach.craigslist.org/apa/670859844.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach