Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 06:24 AM

466 posts, read 929,112 times

Advertisements

So many people try to paint a picture of WPB looking like East L.A. or Bedford Stuyvesant, N.Y. (in the seventies). I have Lived here since '88 and NEVER had a problem with crime. I'm sure if I go into a known high crime/drug deal area I would see something suspicious BUT one needs to go looking for it.

Riviera Beach has some crime/gang problems as their police force is understaffed and corrupt, but it is an entirely different city.

As for the people that carry a gun when they walk their dog, many people bought in known bad areas thinking and hoping that the area would get better and they would make a lot of money fast. When that didn't happen they got stuck and became a victim of their own greed.

Old 05-23-2009, 04:37 PM

1 posts, read 2,026 times
What is the best information source on Boca crime statistics?

Old 05-23-2009, 07:22 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,909,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartman View Post
What is the best information source on Boca crime statistics?
www.city-data.com. All of the official stats are originating from the FDLE no matter where you go so there is no "best" source.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:11 PM

Location: Palm Beach County. Where people get murked by the grocery store.
164 posts, read 793,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Only uncultured and less-than-educated people have problems finding culture in Palm Beach County.

Sorry, but it's true.

As a matter of fact, Palm Beach County is often referred to as Florida's cultural capital, with more than forty official culture venues, ballet, opera, the Kravis Center, dance (including a nationally renown school for the performing arts) independent theaters, film festivals, exhibits, galleries, museums, a full blown Japanese garden and museum, antiques row, fashion shows, jewelry shows, polo, sculpture gardens, armory arts center, etc. etc. etc.
yea if im a loaded 80 year old women. but im not, im a broke 18 year old kid. why do you think so many kids(and adults) do drugs here. if you dont have money(and lots of it) you cant do much. and if you dont have a car, you might as well shoot yourself(buses stop running at ruffly 10:00 pm.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just-Sayin View Post
So many people try to paint a picture of WPB looking like East L.A. or Bedford Stuyvesant, N.Y. (in the seventies). I have Lived here since '88 and NEVER had a problem with crime. I'm sure if I go into a known high crime/drug deal area I would see something suspicious BUT one needs to go looking for it.

Riviera Beach has some crime/gang problems as their police force is understaffed and corrupt, but it is an entirely different city.

As for the people that carry a gun when they walk their dog, many people bought in known bad areas thinking and hoping that the area would get better and they would make a lot of money fast. When that didn't happen they got stuck and became a victim of their own greed.
well, most people in bad areas, were born in those bad areas, and can only afford to live in those bad areas. and those bad areas, are BAD AREAS! i would love to see you get dropped off on division, even at 5 o'clock in the afternoon. and just because the nice areas dont look like east LA, people get robbed, raped, assaulted, etc all the time in those areas. because people in those areas make money, so the people from the areas that dont make money go to the areas where people make money, and rob them. and the good areas usually aren't to far from the bad areas. in most cases, its the difference of being east or west of dixie hwy(or broadway) and/or federal. its the way it works and ive seen it happen.

Old 06-08-2009, 06:56 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny561 View Post
yea if im a loaded 80 year old women. but im not, im a broke 18 year old kid. why do you think so many kids(and adults) do drugs here. if you dont have money(and lots of it) you cant do much. and if you dont have a car, you might as well shoot yourself(buses stop running at ruffly 10:00 pm.
Give me a break. I grew up in a city with 1/50th of the things to do that there are in Palm Beach County, and I never resorted to "doing drugs!"

Surround yourself with filth, you will get dirty.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:02 AM

1,135 posts, read 3,982,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny561 View Post
There are reasons Florida is considered a joke by a lot of people in other states who seem to think of it as the uneducated redneck state that elected Bush twice. Whether you agree with that opinion or not, thats a common perception from North Carolina on up and Indiana on over......It will never, ever, ever be mentioned as a high culture area by anyone who has traveled or editors of Conde Nast or Travel type magazines. The fact that it is 50th in money spent on education lends some credence to some of this. A look at any Palm Beach Post front page will add more. In our horrific two years here, we were 'home invaded'(?) by an angry drunk in Juno Beach, a shotgun was necessary to urge him to leave, I got attacked on my bicycle, ripped off by a shady employer(well known local billionaire hedgefund trader) and employment agency (for XEROX, not a waiter job) and have a lawsuit pending against a shady realtor in Jupiter. I lived/spent time in many places, NYC and Philly two of them, and Ive never seen the random criminality in any of those places or the incredibly high sleaze factor that seems to be status quo among professional people here.
Its great people who like it here, do. Im glad, really. But its ridiculous to say low crime/high culture when the exact opposite is the reality.

And please, dont bother to post a "just leave" follow-up..
Im counting the minutes 6 months and counting.......

Last edited by KoZmiC NinJa; 06-09-2009 at 08:38 AM..

Old 06-09-2009, 08:59 AM
m5*

166 posts, read 659,832 times
I'm sorry about your bad luck in FL. I lived there for 21 years and have been in Brooklyn, NY for 6 years and have luckily never encountered anything crazy.

Old 06-09-2009, 09:15 AM

1,135 posts, read 3,982,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m5* View Post
I'm sorry about your bad luck in FL. I lived there for 21 years and have been in Brooklyn, NY for 6 years and have luckily never encountered anything crazy.
Its a conundrum for me......
We've had this crazy bad luck, but the wildlife here is incredible !
Ive never seen the stuff anywhere else that I see here, and Im
obviously a tree hugger I have an OK job, but if I could land
a job feeding 'Gators or on a big cat preserve........ away from the shadies,
Id stay, without a doubt

Love the nature !

Old 06-09-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Give me a break. I grew up in a city with 1/50th of the things to do that there are in Palm Beach County, and I never resorted to "doing drugs!"

Surround yourself with filth, you will get dirty.
give me one good thing to do in palm beach county when your 16 or 17 years old. you cant go in clubs, you cant even be downtown after 10. what is that? really there is nothing to do. believe me i know the youth of palm beach county, and about 85% of them at least smoke weed(most do alot more). You can stand at a gas station for 10 minutes and find a dime bag. really kids feel like they cant do anything. if you dont have a car you better be catching the bus by 9 or your stuck. i know about this because i have lived it, and still do. Palm Beach County is boring. thats all there is to it. And about the filth. im not talking about dirty crackheads asking for change. im talking about high school kids, from dreyfoos, and what not. there good people, just like i am a good person, but all there is to do is get high most times. cheaper then getting dinner at the cheesecake factory. and it last longer too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach