Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 05:37 AM

2,903 posts, read 12,536,485 times

Advertisements

Folks,
Let's stick to keeping this about Florida.....

Frank D.

Old 11-26-2008, 03:19 PM

727 posts, read 1,837,530 times
^^^ Yup, nice area... I enjoy the Concord area a lot.... ahhhh... friendly folks...

back to topic.

Old 11-26-2008, 08:05 PM

64 posts, read 176,752 times
NY transplants from South Florida driving in Charlotte??!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! lol

Old 11-26-2008, 08:11 PM

668 posts, read 2,358,713 times
Please, ghetto's in Palm Beach County are a joke... go to the ghetto's in Chicago, NYC or Philly and then we'll talk.

Old 11-26-2008, 08:36 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banx View Post
Please, ghetto's in Palm Beach County are a joke... go to the ghetto's in Chicago, NYC or Philly and then we'll talk.

You'd be surprised how many people take pride in West Palm Beach/Riviera Beach having a really nasty ghetto. I think it's a source of shame and embarrassment, to be honest, but you'll probably attract people who have been on this forum before talking about how "hard" their neighborhood is -- with pride.

I don't associate or inject myself into situations in which I will be subject to gang or ghetto violence or crime.

Because they mostly kill each other and destroy their own neighborhoods and home values, I rarely think about gangs, etc. in West Palm. My biggest beef with them, to be honest, is that they always try to say they're from "Palm Beach" when they most certainly are NOT from "Palm Beach!" Guess it sounds fancy because Palm Beach is world reknown.

Old 11-26-2008, 09:50 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,951,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
You'd be surprised how many people take pride in West Palm Beach/Riviera Beach having a really nasty ghetto. I think it's a source of shame and embarrassment, to be honest, but you'll probably attract people who have been on this forum before talking about how "hard" their neighborhood is -- with pride.

I don't associate or inject myself into situations in which I will be subject to gang or ghetto violence or crime.

Because they mostly kill each other and destroy their own neighborhoods and home values, I rarely think about gangs, etc. in West Palm. My biggest beef with them, to be honest, is that they always try to say they're from "Palm Beach" when they most certainly are NOT from "Palm Beach!" Guess it sounds fancy because Palm Beach is world reknown.
Why do people act like its only people from palm beach coutny who take pride in there crime. People from NYC and CHI move don here to the south all the time bragging how hard and dangerous there city is where there from. Yet all the time I here that its only people from palm beach county who brag. You dont know how many time I hear people from up north always talking about how had there city is and chastising those who are originaly from down here. Well what if we dont care about your horror stories from NYC or CHI. Because honestly New Orleans Houston Mephis and other cities in the south have way highere murder rates. Im not bragging but thats all I here from people up north.

Old 11-26-2008, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Why do people act like its only people from palm beach coutny who take pride in there crime. People from NYC and CHI move don here to the south all the time bragging how hard and dangerous there city is where there from. Yet all the time I here that its only people from palm beach county who brag. You dont know how many time I hear people from up north always talking about how had there city is and chastising those who are originaly from down here. Well what if we dont care about your horror stories from NYC or CHI. Because honestly New Orleans Houston Mephis and other cities in the south have way highere murder rates. Im not bragging but thats all I here from people up north.
I don't take pride in it, I'm just saying there are alot of uptight, white people down here who talk about how bad some of these so-called "ghettos" are, when in reality up north (Chi, Nyc, OR New Orleans, Houston and Memphis, OR just about any other major city) it is WAY worse. It's rediculous down here, people think just cause they drive through an all black neighborhood they are going to be car jacked or shot on the spot. Like I said, it's laughable, and these "ghettos" are a walk in a park here compared to just about anywhere else. No pride involved, just trying to point out the ignorance in some people.

Old 11-26-2008, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Your cities may be bad but your states are quite different. California Texas and Florida had the 3 highest number of murders last year. The difference between the states up there and other states is that, the states up there would have one big city that would have like 600 murders and the rest of the state is rural suburban. While states like the 3 afformentioned have multiple cities with multiple high crime rates. Like look at NYC then look at NY state look at CHI and look at IL look at PHI and look at PENN. See the difference between the big cities and the rest of there states. Im sorry if I offended you but I like statistics and stuff like that, and like explaining things.

Old 11-26-2008, 10:01 PM

Quote:
I don't take pride in it, I'm just saying there are alot of uptight, white people down here who talk about how bad some of these so-called "ghettos" are, when in reality up north (Chi, Nyc, OR New Orleans, Houston and Memphis, OR just about any other major city) it is WAY worse. It's rediculous down here, people think just cause they drive through an all black neighborhood they are going to be car jacked or shot on the spot. Like I said, it's laughable, and these "ghettos" are a walk in a park here compared to just about anywhere else. No pride involved, just trying to point out the ignorance in some people.
Oh. My apologies. I see what you mean.

Old 11-26-2008, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Your cities may be bad but your states are quite different. California Texas and Florida had the 3 highest number of murders last year. The difference between the states up there and other states is that, the states up there would have one big city that would have like 600 murders and the rest of the state is rural suburban. While states like the 3 afformentioned have multiple cities with multiple high crime rates. Like look at NYC then look at NY state look at CHI and look at IL look at PHI and look at PENN. See the difference between the big cities and the rest of there states. Im sorry if I offended you but I like statistics and stuff like that, and like explaining things.
No it's fine, and that's valid but I'm not really comparing a state to a city. When I say "down here", I mean Palm Beach County, not Florida, sorry if I confused u. But I think its fair to compare PBC to a whole city, going by population that is.

EDIT: woops, nvm, just saw ur above post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach