Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 08:02 AM

593 posts, read 1,916,958 times

Advertisements

So, rain, this is the fabled clear blue water beach?

How about if I were to rent just north of the public beach, on the beach? I've been considering that. How is that beach? Do the planes from WPB Intl Airport cross over here?

I'm most interested in water quality and if it is safe to walk barefoot. If the structures are old and ratty I don't really care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 08:03 AM

I'm sorry if I am hijacking, firsttimer, but it seems we want to know basically the same things.

Old 08-19-2009, 05:40 AM

41 posts, read 177,632 times
Delray/Ocean Ridge and Gulfstream have fantastic beaches, when I say fantastic I am referring to parking and cleanliness along with lifeguards and safety. We go to Delray(south end) and also the beach just south of NOMAD surf shop on the Delray/Boynton border. We live in Chapel Hill and ride our bikes to both beaches, Delray takes 15 minutes and Gulfstream takes about 10. We were able to get a big house here for our money, we are very happy.

Old 09-18-2009, 08:36 PM

66 posts, read 238,236 times
Hey all,
An update! We had our trip to South Florida and loved it! We fell in love with a fabulous house in Chapel Hill and before we could even decide to move to Florida, someone else put a bid on it. But that offer fell through and the house came back on the market and now... pending inspection... this baby is OURS! I really appreciated all of the input from this forum and we will definitely be riding our bikes to those beaches you mentioned Surfalot. And Bocamom, thanks for the info on the runoff pipe near Ocean Inlet which saved us from buying a house nearer to that beach which would have been affected. All in all, we are very excited and ...

I have to add... that thanks to this board, we met our realtor Troy Langan who was fantastic every step of the way. Incredibly patient (imagine fussy terrified first time home buyers?!) and he has been very persistent and truly listened to what WE wanted in a home. (which is a bit on the odd side.) If you need a realtor you can count on, Troy is your guy!

If all goes to plan, we ought to be driving out there the end of October!

Chapel Hill... here we come!!!! Prepare for your rock n roll raw vegan neighbors. LOL!

Old 09-19-2009, 05:57 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,828,718 times
Congrats. I am so out of the loop as I have no clue where Chapel Hill is. I have to get out and explore more. You sound so excited that is wonderful. Hope all goes smooth.

Old 09-19-2009, 06:59 AM

Hey! I love Chapel Hill!! You will be in the neighborhood with my mom

Old 09-19-2009, 08:22 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,400,402 times
Thanks Share, glad we were able to find a home! Sure beats that one you sent me in Cali.
Don't have to worry about forest fires either! I think you'll really enjoy it down here.

Old 09-19-2009, 11:26 PM

66 posts, read 238,236 times
Yes, I think we will love Chapel Hill as well. And actually owning a home! Wow! Pretty excited about that combined with beaches that have warm water that is clear and nice to swim in as well!

Thanks 'skylinet' for being the ACE realtor. You rock dude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach