Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 04:31 PM

2 posts, read 6,153 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am a 22 yr old single female currently residing in Orlando. I'm moving further south and was looking at areas around Boca/Palm Beach. I was told to look at areas in Delray or Boynton and im not sure which one would be better. I'm getting the idea that there arent necessarily 'sides of town' that are better or worse, theyre just all mixed up. I'm looking for a place that is good in terms of public transit, affordable housing, and restaurants/stores to work. And hopefully not too far from the beach!! I'm originally from New York, so I'm not very familiar with Florida at all. I'm moving in 6 weeks please help!! Also, if there is a better area that is near Delray or Boynton let me know so I can check it out! Thanks !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2011, 06:45 AM

21 posts, read 55,065 times
I would definitely suggest Delray! I'm a 25 year old female who moved from NY/Northern NJ about a month ago to Delray Beach. I moved into a community that is seriously all people in their 20's and young families. Everyone here is extremely nice, very dog friendly, lots of bbq's outside, etc.

The downtown Delray area is also really fun and has tons of bars and restaurants. Definitely check it out!

Old 07-14-2011, 08:33 PM

4 posts, read 7,141 times
is the youngish area of delray near the intercoastal, the beach or futher west? just wondering as we're also searching, and searching and searching for young palm beach (with family though) here.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:49 PM

10 posts, read 38,253 times
if you dont mind me asking, what community did you move to? i am moving from PA in august and we are looking at delray or boyton!

Old 07-18-2011, 11:50 AM

2 posts, read 6,153 times
thanks!! Yes I'd also like to know what community you moved to. I wont have a chance to get down there for a couple more weeks, and I've never been so I don't know which areas are good/decent and the ones that I should watch out for or at least not live in.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:31 PM

24 posts, read 52,813 times
Atlantic Ave. in Delray is quite nice. Many restaurants and places for a drink and to hang out. Boynton has places also but more franchises and not as concentrated as Delray which has done more to preserve it's 'old Florida' look. As far a property prices go, you'll probably pay 25 thousand more for the same property in Delray as in Boynton. Although West Boynton, going toward the turnpike, is a good area and has many nice developments. Boynton and Delray are both good locations not far from West Palm Beach on the north and Boca Raton on the south.

Old 07-27-2011, 05:24 AM

21 posts, read 55,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaNewbie85 View Post
thanks!! Yes I'd also like to know what community you moved to. I wont have a chance to get down there for a couple more weeks, and I've never been so I don't know which areas are good/decent and the ones that I should watch out for or at least not live in.

I moved to a community called Tierra Verde. It's off of Linton Boulevard and close to I-95 so in addition to being extremely well kept with tons of young people, it makes my commute to work very easy!

Old 08-04-2011, 03:35 PM
AFD

41 posts, read 167,526 times
Delray beach if you are excited about life and have things you still want to accomplish.
Boynton beach if you have already done everything you wish and just want quiet...from my observation you can seperate Boynton in two. 1st area is quiet and sleepy 2nd area you might end up dead.
That being said my 24 year old sister lives in Boynton and loves the quite retirement community she is surrounded by.

My 65 year old mother lives in Delray and takes me to Atlantic ave when i come to town! She thinks shes a ki again living in Delray

Old 08-06-2011, 03:14 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,823,988 times
Delray depends on where you live. Some parts are a very retirement area. Even my 88 year old grandfather says it is depressing.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:50 AM

122 posts, read 314,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniellaG View Post
Delray depends on where you live. Some parts are a very retirement area. Even my 88 year old grandfather says it is depressing.
True. The general rule for both Boynton and Delray is that the further west you go the higher the median age is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach