Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2007, 10:08 AM
rji rji started this thread

1 posts, read 2,849 times

Advertisements

Hi

I am looking to move to South Fl and looking to purchase a townhome in the upcoming renaissance commons development at the junction of gateway blvd and congress ave in boynton beach. Does any one have any inputs on the locality and the neighbourhood

regards
rji
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2007, 12:18 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,247,217 times
It is in an area with lots of traffic and shopping. There is a huge shopping center across the street (known as 'Catalina Center') and to the east of it is another big shopping center. There is a lot of crime in Boynton Beach but since this in such a heavy populated area you probably won't experience it in RC. I believe that the RC rooms are kinda tiny, but at least you'll have a view of the traffic coming by if that's your thing.

Old 05-31-2007, 12:20 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,247,217 times
It is in an area with lots of traffic and shopping. There is a huge shopping center across the street (known as 'Catalina Center') and to the east of it is another big shopping center (well, the west too is Boynton Plaza, with restaurant's and the like). There is a lot of crime in Boynton Beach but since this in such a heavy populated area you probably won't experience it in RC. However most people can't afford RC, so many of the rooms are empty. Also they're kinda tiny, but the location is neat, you can see all the cars driving by...

Old 07-04-2007, 11:55 AM

1 posts, read 2,798 times
During holiday shopping times Congress and Gateway intersection can take 3-5 light changes to get through. Morning commute to Tri Rail eastbound on Gateway, the Congress Avenue intersection routinely takes two lights to get through. The Escape from Target parking lot can take forever.

Weekend mall traffic is absurd. Three or four lights to make the left off of Congress to the Catalina Center (which is older and has Best Buy, Target, Rag Shop and Marshalls CLOSING at present)

This is all PRE-COMPLETION of the new buildup of townhomes and rentals.

I have no idea what the city planners were thinking, but I have no idea what kind of a traffic nightmare it will be when people start moving in.

Does that answer your question? Do more homework. The homes may be great, but unless you plan to work within walking distance, traffic will be insane.

Old 07-04-2007, 09:00 PM

423 posts, read 1,642,752 times
If you don't commute at the peak hours, you should be fine. Lot of investors, put in money in RC hoping to make a quick buck and now they are losing money. You can certainly find a good bargain there. Let me know if you need help.

Old 07-05-2007, 12:23 PM

3 posts, read 7,493 times
That area is more business then residential. If you like the vibe of city life or just need to be super close to I-95 then It may be fine. If you have children, I would suggest looking further West. There are some lovely communities west of Military Trail, with good schools and convenient shopping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach