Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 03:36 PM

10 posts, read 21,779 times

Advertisements

ComSense...I have to disagreed with you again. You already have set your mind. That's ok. Maybe with the new owner, we will have a nicer area and maybe we will have the honor of you and your family visiting the area again...and maybe you change your mind and would you take your time again and write a nice quote, to encourage the people that live here? I hope so, I have a family like you that lives here right across the mall and so the mayor of West Palm Beach Ms. Lois Frankel....This area is NOT a terrible location like the rumors are trying to make to believe. It is a battle of real estate rumors that is trying to pick on this area and you are falling for it...nobody can sell any real estate anywhere... this location it is just Downtown West Palm Beach...close to I-95, close to Palm Beach Island, close to city place, close to the beach, close to worth ave...It is not anyway to be so unsafe like you are blindly trying to state. You have a lot of "not-so-good" things to say for a person that don't know that well the neighborhood and don't live at the area.Nice talking to you...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2010, 04:42 PM

467 posts, read 1,488,814 times
Whatever they put there I hope they think it through..People really need jobs here and they are hurting.
don't know if retail is the way to go though..maybe some mixed use like offices and apartments, kind
of like the Renaissance commons down in Boynton? maybe that would work.....some restaurants, etc.
Just hope like someone else said it doesn't lay dormant for years....

Old 03-06-2010, 04:44 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,913,449 times
I used to live in WPB. I was born there. How long have you lived in WPB? I've been to that mall more times than I can count. BUT, I hope it does turn around and become a nice, quiet, and safe place for you and everyone else in the area.

Old 03-06-2010, 08:17 PM

My husband was born in here like you...and we came from Orlando when we decided to purchased our home in WPB a 5 years ago. Our condominium is a great place to live.It is located right across the mall on the Presidential Way. We don't have any foreclosures and we have just 4 short sales from the 99 units that we have on total. Most of the owners are young professionals at the area, doctors, nurses and medical devices sales professionals.We have very high standards in order to live here. You need to have a great credit score in order to be able to buy or rent in here.Our HOA is the lowest at the area. We probably are the only building at the area that have more than $100.000 on reserves. All of our units have stainless steel appliances on the kitchen,all the units have marble in the bathrooms and kitchen and family room, all units have jacuzzy on the bathrooms. We have heated pool, gym, sauna and a great decorated and fun club house.Well, I am not a real estate broker, and I am not selling anything...but my husband and I indeed have invested in our unit. And I felt the need to stand up for our area. I hope when you visite WPB again you hear good news about what the "not-so-good" area turned out to be...a good area to go, a good place to live, a good area to hanging out with your friends and family, like it used to be. Have a good week.

Old 03-06-2010, 08:38 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,913,449 times
Your condo sounds nice. I'm glad you enjoy it! Sometimes older, run-down places can be transformed and revitalized. Like buying an old house and making it new again. Sounds like that is what's happening by the PB mall. Glad to hear it. All that matters is that you and your husband like it, and that it's safe. Safety is most important. Glad to hear that it's turning around and becoming a great place again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcraft View Post
My husband was born in here like you...and we came from Orlando when we decided to purchased our home in WPB a 5 years ago. Our condominium is a great place to live.It is located right across the mall on the Presidential Way. We don't have any foreclosures and we have just 4 short sales from the 99 units that we have on total. Most of the owners are young professionals at the area, doctors, nurses and medical devices sales professionals.We have very high standards in order to live here. You need to have a great credit score in order to be able to buy or rent in here.Our HOA is the lowest at the area. We probably are the only building at the area that have more than $100.000 on reserves. All of our units have stainless steel appliances on the kitchen,all the units have marble in the bathrooms and kitchen and family room, all units have jacuzzy on the bathrooms. We have heated pool, gym, sauna and a great decorated and fun club house.Well, I am not a real estate broker, and I am not selling anything...but my husband and I indeed have invested in our unit. And I felt the need to stand up for our area. I hope when you visite WPB again you hear good news about what the "not-so-good" area turned out to be...a good area to go, a good place to live, a good area to hanging out with your friends and family, like it used to be. Have a good week.

Old 03-06-2010, 09:00 PM

Well, our building was built in 2005...It is really new and safe as long as we owners and resident care for.As for PB Mall never got a face lift, I never felt scared to go there...but you always could see security driving or walking inside and out there...did I prefer to go to other places to shop? Sure, why not?They closed everything! I used to go there for Macy's, sometimes Dillard's...easy shopping...

Old 03-08-2010, 06:45 AM

152 posts, read 627,179 times
ComSense I don't fault you for your feeling uncomfortable or for expressing it. I think its brave on a public forum. I just wanted to share my reaction to you....how you felt that day is how many black people, especially middle class, feel almost everyday at work, school, nice restaurants etc. For sure there are places here in Florida that I wouldn't go, but mostly I recognize it as a difference in economics and education rather than race. Not your fault, but I hope you take away something from that experience other than just feeling 'out of place'.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:53 PM

I highly I agreed with you "precisio"...

Old 03-09-2010, 03:17 AM

475 posts, read 1,498,196 times
This thread has turned to not shopping in the PB Mall because a person felt uncomfortable due to the lack of other white people. I think people stopped shopping in the mall because of the stores that moved in to the mall.
If Ikea built a store on that location, I guarantee it would be packed all the time.
During the Black Friday sales; crowds of people are lined up outside the Best Buy and Brandsmart which is in the same neighborhood as the mall.
If the new purchaser brought in new popular stores, nice restaurants, the mall would come back to life. The image needs to be changed.
I live in Jupiter, am getting close to retirement age, the stores of the Gardens Mall are too high end for me, the Wellington Mall is 30 miles from my home, so I shop Walmart, Target, Costco, Sam's and discounters such as Ross, Home Goods, Stein Mart and the internet.
I would love to see the PB Mall brought back to life. And YES I would shop there.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:54 AM

Target across the street had the same issue as the PBmall...however,they just have redone the Target again, and is always full again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach