Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2010, 07:37 AM

623 posts, read 1,303,436 times

Advertisements

for registration? LEASE, deed? thanks

May be taking a short term rental (5-6 months). Would children go to the zoned school of that address? ty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2010, 08:19 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,385,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvchat View Post
for registration? LEASE, deed? thanks

May be taking a short term rental (5-6 months). Would children go to the zoned school of that address? ty
yes they want everything but your 1st born...You will need a Signed Lease, Copy of your Utility Bill or a Cable Bill with your Name and Address on it, Birth Certificate, and a few more pieces now I cant remember
and yes they would attend the school they are Zoned for..MAKE sure you know what those schools are and not rely on what the owners or complex is telling you..

Old 08-21-2010, 08:22 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,215,139 times
The info is on the Palm Beach School district website- but basically, need copy of lease, utility bill, drivers license, car registration- I think three forms of ID with current address.

Just went through it- rented a place and registered kids for school the next week, so no drivers license with new address, no canceled checks, no utilities, as we are renting for 6 months from a friend..... the day I signed the lease I had family members send me mail at that address. I changed my address for car and drivers license online and printed out the receipt that showed new address and then showed the mail sent to me at the address. My son's HS is over-enrolled, so they had three people review what I had submitted for proof of residence.

Now I begin to look for a place to rent for the long haul- hopefully minimum of 2 years. Hint, hint to you Boca landlords But the kids are settled in school and really are happy and we are near everything.

Let us know when you are settled and we can have a Palm Beach CD get together in RL.

Old 08-21-2010, 08:24 AM

Good Luck finding a private residence Mag that will be for 2 years..We have been looking they can only do 12 month leases here and with that Alot of people waiting on the market to see what happens it isnt Easy..Unless you find someone who doesnt need or want to sell...

Old 08-21-2010, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
Good Luck finding a private residence Mag that will be for 2 years..We have been looking they can only do 12 month leases here and with that Alot of people waiting on the market to see what happens it isnt Easy..Unless you find someone who doesnt need or want to sell...
An attorney can draft a two year lease. The alternative is to get a one-year lease with an option for a second year.

We've found a home for our cat in Jax and just had to put our 15 YO dog to sleep two weeks ago, so now we are petless and open to a condo. Am expanding my search to Highland Beach, but still love and hope for a place in Mizner. Jalousie windows and old Florida okay, but shying away from window A/C.

To stay OT- RV- You can also go to the Supervisor of Elections and apply for a voter reg card with the new address. It will come in the mail, but they will give you a certified paper with the new address stating that you have transferred your registration.

Old 08-21-2010, 10:34 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,828,718 times
Mangolia I just moved and while I was looking in Boca some wanted to do a 2 year lease or 1 year with right to renew like you stated. I only did a year lease but they are out there. There is a lot on the market right now I think both for rent and for sale.

Old 08-21-2010, 11:24 AM

I would love to know where..We saw quiet a few rentals the past few weeks and no one wanted to do a 2 year lease...as they are awaiting to see what the market will do..I will have to check into it...

Old 08-21-2010, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
I would love to know where..We saw quiet a few rentals the past few weeks and no one wanted to do a 2 year lease...as they are awaiting to see what the market will do..I will have to check into it...
That's another story. You're right, some won't do it. But if you find someone with a property that they want to keep as a rental, they will go for it. As for option for a second year, anyone can add that to the lease. It's just an option that you can use, but aren't tied to it if you choose to leave after a year.

If you find an owner that would do the two year lease, a Realtor friend has an attorney that will draw it up. If you can't find someone, let me know and I will get the attorney's contact info.

Old 08-22-2010, 03:49 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,828,718 times
A lot are with a right to renew for a 2nd year. I did though have a couple ask about 2 years but not sure how it would of been stated in the lease. I would never sign a 2 year lease. What happens if it turns out to be horrid rental and then you are stuck?
Swim most of the major communities in Central Boca I was asked. From my experience looking for a rental many I looked at were not even on the MLS. If you are interested in a specific community I think it works best to find a realtor who deals with a lot of sales/rentals in that community. They often may know someone who is thinking about renting their place or through word of mouth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach