Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 08:13 AM

8 posts, read 26,390 times

Advertisements

Can anyone give me an opinion of Polo Lakes (apartment homes) in Wellington,FL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 09:31 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,823,988 times
I don't know about living there but I passed by them I think they are accross from the Wellington Green mall? The area I feel is safe but the road it is on is very congested and close to the hospital. It may be noisy unless you got a unit far in the back. There are other apartments nearby too you may want to look at none I know first hand

Old 03-04-2010, 11:06 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,593,366 times
Avoid it at all costs, it once was nice a while ago but went downhill fast. Some kid was killed there at a party a few years ago in a shooting incident and it's not a great place to live.

Don't believe me just look it up on apartmentratings.com

Old 03-10-2010, 07:49 AM

8 posts, read 26,390 times
much thx for the replies.

Old 11-14-2010, 08:19 AM

81 posts, read 294,021 times
I live in Polo Lakes now and its not as bad as the other member said. We just moved here in March from Illinois, and only plan on staying here until we know where we want to buy. I feel completely safe, haven't heard of any shootings or anything of the like. Of course that doesn't mean it didn't happen. The office takes care of any concerns we may come up with. The apt is nice and clean, but nothing fancy. We feel very safe here as well. I'm not sure I believe the shooting thing. Seems pretty unlikely.

Old 11-14-2010, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer2911 View Post
I live in Polo Lakes now and its not as bad as the other member said. We just moved here in March from Illinois, and only plan on staying here until we know where we want to buy. I feel completely safe, haven't heard of any shootings or anything of the like. Of course that doesn't mean it didn't happen. The office takes care of any concerns we may come up with. The apt is nice and clean, but nothing fancy. We feel very safe here as well. I'm not sure I believe the shooting thing. Seems pretty unlikely.
It happened, but being a newbie to the area I'll give you a break.

R.I.P. Jason Payne | Facebook (//www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=7406690406 - broken link)

Man acquitted of Wellington murder sentenced for four years in prison on lesser charge

To each is there own personally I would not want to live there and apartmentratings.com is often accurate.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:30 PM

14 posts, read 16,758 times
Question Schools at Polo Lakes?

Can someone please tell me the schools that are zoned for Polo Lakes?

thanks

Old 11-16-2010, 06:43 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,937,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
It happened, but being a newbie to the area I'll give you a break.

R.I.P. Jason Payne | Facebook (//www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=7406690406 - broken link)

Man acquitted of Wellington murder sentenced for four years in prison on lesser charge

To each is there own personally I would not want to live there and apartmentratings.com is often accurate.
The story is true, of course, but apartment ratings is hardly accurate. The reviews are posted by disgruntled residents. Very skewed. People who have positive experiences rarely ever post. That's true of most situations. It's the complainers that want to be heard.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettygyrl777 View Post
The story is true, of course, but apartment ratings is hardly accurate. The reviews are posted by disgruntled residents. Very skewed. People who have positive experiences rarely ever post. That's true of most situations. It's the complainers that want to be heard.
No it's the "complainers" that want others to know before they sign a lease. Most people don't complain because they don't care if things are subpar, some people's standards are not the same as others. I'm sure Polo Lakes doesn't give you a link to apartmentratings.com when you turn in your keys either.

As well I lived in several apartment complexes years ago and read other people's reviews out of curiosity and they were very accurate if somewhat lax from my experiences. The ones that fluffed up the places were usually written by management staff.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:48 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettygyrl777 View Post
I agree.

If you were to go by apartmentratings, EVERY apartment complex in the country except for super luxe would appear to be awful, disgusting places to live. Always poorly managed, and always ghetto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach