Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 07:58 PM

3,463 posts, read 5,676,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daghostmon View Post
I'm guessing thunderkat59 is either a Juno Beach politician or totally ignorant. I have lived in this area for 30 yrs so i know the history of that town. If you don't believe my stories I suggest you use this new invention called google and check it out for yourself. There is also the story of a fishing pier Palm Beach county wanted to build to replace one that had washed away 30 years or so ago in a hurricane. Well guess what town didn't want a beautiful new muti million dollar cement pier at no cost to them in their town. Juno beach politicians couldn't say we don't want rift raff surfers and fisherman hanging out in our town so Juno Beach decided they suddenly cared about the Sea turtles and said the pier would interfere with the sea turtle nesting. What makes this so ridiculous is Juno had just fought tooth and nail against turning off their condo flood lights which were confusing the turtles that hatch out at night.
Obviously you are insider. Post up the meeting minutes of the Council sessions you attended and what the residents input on the van was, ok ? Maybe scan your Juno Beach newsletter for commentary also. The Van was a microcosm of the macrocosm of South Florida. You could see it from Martin Co. It made the news in Miami, and people still got ticketed by it. The rest of this drivel is too inane to justify with a response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
What's ridiculous about it?
It's angry, childish nonsense posted by someone who got separated from some of their money for driving poorly. Typical. "I ran the light, but it's somebody else's fault."
These red light cameras are a voluntary fools tax. You have a choice to pay it. If you opt to pay it, you deserve to

Old 10-13-2012, 08:31 PM

4 posts, read 6,001 times
As a senior member who seems to have no other life you should pay more attention to what you read. My ticket was dismissed without explanation and I was nearly telling others they should fight their tickets and advising them on what to expect when go to court. I don't know why you felt the need to put your 2 cents in and jack this forum other than to boast you post numbers and reputation.

Old 10-15-2012, 12:48 PM

1,032 posts, read 797,379 times
Hey everyone im from Jersey, we also have the Red Light Scameras they are popping up like plants on every traffic light around here. It seems like every town is getting them near schools, Shopping Centers,even rural areas, they are annoying. I would be ok with them if the city had countdown timers on them so we can able to know how many seconds we have until the light changes color. Then there will be no excuse to run a yellow light and if someone did it its their fault. That would save a lot of time and problems. Even right turn on red i usually wait behind the line for a few seconds before turning because the Scamera can still get you if you turn too fast.

I'm waiting for the day when they start posting cameras everywhere besides stop lights. Its pretty sad we pay taxes but that's not enough for the state.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:49 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,738,761 times
The odds are greater that you will be killed by a Doctor or LEO than by someone running a red light. Soon every new TV will have a camera built in so the gooberment can watch you to keep you safe. Good god, how did mankind ever make it this far without all these stupid laws?

Old 10-20-2012, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
The odds are greater that you will be killed by a Doctor or LEO than by someone running a red light. Soon every new TV will have a camera built in so the gooberment can watch you to keep you safe. Good god, how did mankind ever make it this far without all these stupid laws?

Your "Doctor/Leo" is a ridiculous analogy, but to address the camera issue in Juno, there were specific reasons why they put the van/cameras where they did. People who are commenting with dopey "gooberment" , "make money" type stuff without having attended meetings on this issue are ignorant of the facts. Why would you respond to something you have absolutely no knowledge of ? If anything, Juno is unique in the cesspool of S.Fl because it still actually listens to the people who live there to some degree. But again, people brought this on to themselves. If they dont like it, they are totally free to re-access their own criminal and selfish behaviors and act accordingly.

Old 10-20-2012, 03:53 PM

17,290 posts, read 29,460,915 times
Many studies have shown red light cameras increase rear end collision accidents at intersections. In Florida, a big issue was enforcement of "rolling right turn on red," which is really not a safety issue.

Most of the time the impetus for installation is not safety, but money. Most of the time, red light companies lobby cities to install the cameras, and take their cut. And even then, many cities eventually find that the cameras work "too well," and they collect LESS money than if an intersection was police monitored.

Re: Accidents, here's what another "cess pool south Florida town" found after installing red light cameras:

Florida city finds red light cameras less safe, increase accidents - West Palm Beach Libertarian | Examiner.com

Others, in more enlightened, cultured places than cess pool, hot as hell, violent gross ghetto South Florida (Good ole' Texas), have found that red light cameras are working "too well" and are not worth the operating cost because revenue goes down:

Do red light cameras work too well? - US news - Crime & courts | NBC News

Some places, like cities in North Carolina, have removed all red light cameras all together because of the foregoing.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:37 AM

The only mistake with the cameras, is the way they are promoted to the public.
I would first, make offenders pictures a point infraction to be put on driving record, and second, I would make it completely clear municipalities are going to exploit peoples selfish, criminal and uncivilized behavior to balance budgets, fund new bocce ball courts, etc . . . If imbeciles are still incapable of controlling themselves and their vehicle, they are going to have to to pay. If you get rear ended or your insurance rates go up, boo hoo. Eventually, even a S.Floridian will get it.
Peoples stupidity in cars is a resource that will never go away. In fact, it only regenerates. Parting fools from their money based on their own foolish behavior is an ideology that is long overdue.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:24 PM

73 posts, read 195,119 times
Las Olas resident drove 15 minutes south to Surfside Beach in Miami - Dade recently. Unbeknownst to me, I ran a red light. Checked my mail box and bam! $158.00 ticket. No points of paid before 30 days with option to contest it. Called a traffic attorney referred by a buddy who fights tickets. I gave him the video code and he saw it on the Internet, and refused to contest it, stating I ran the red light. I drove to Surfside city hall in person and paid the ticket in cash. While there, I gave them my personal opinion of what I think of their city and them as people.

This BS makes me want to move to a smaller town, away from So. Florida.

Does Naples or Sarasota have traffic light Cameras?

Old 01-01-2013, 09:11 PM
SKB

900 posts, read 3,504,044 times
I feel the same way yet there are studies that show a higher incidence of rear end collisions as people panic coming to the intersection and see the light go to amber and slam on their brakes.
I believe there is 4 seconds before the light turns red from amber. Plenty of time to get through if indeed the light just changed to amber when the person got there.

It is horrible though seeing the amounts of people that run red lights all of the time out here. I have never seen so much of this as I have since we moved here in 2007.
I don't understand what the big rush is? This is Florida for goodness sakes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty78 View Post
I am sure this well not be a favorable response......but I would put Red Light Cameras at every major intersection...and at every accident prone location......within every major city throughout the states......just sit at anyone of those locations during rush hour...holiday season...snowbird season...and count the cars/drivers that just have to go through the red light just so they can get where ever they are going 30 seconds faster...or just count the one's that see the yellow and speed up to go through the intersection...

Now imagine your mother/father or even worse your child trying to cross the street and being trapped on a traffic island or even worse struck by one of those vehicles that just have to go through the light......or perhaps they are driving...see the green light and start to move...only to be struck by you or someone else that just had to go through the light......

As far as the fines...perhaps the first should be only a notice that you should be more careful...and the next a small fine...and with each notice after that an increasing fine...how high would it have to go before you realized it is cheaper to stop......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach