Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2011, 12:04 PM

368 posts, read 929,326 times

Advertisements

New to the Jupiter area (due to my job), I wanted to take my husband on his birthday this weekend on the Water Taxi Party Boat (pretty funny) that will take us to different restaurants like Tiki Bar, Guanarabas (sp?), Jetty's and Square Grouper. What's the best of the bunch? Unfortunately, we can't stay out til the wee hours of the morning because we do have to return home to relieve the babysitter (eventually...!) so after dining, is there anything else we can do? I know a movie is standard but wondering if I could try something unique.

All ideas welcome!!!

Rachel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 02:33 PM

232 posts, read 773,859 times
I have heard good things about Jetty's but unfortunately have not heard anything about the others.

Otherwise you might consider going to downtown at the gardens with a large variety of restaurants and a nice movie theater.

The best place I have found so far in Jupiter is Bonzo's pizza off of Indiantown and US1 but I know that wont help much.

Old 04-04-2011, 04:34 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
Guanabanas is a tropical/outdoor party spot. Very fun. Jetty's is more formal. Good food at both, IMO.

Old 04-10-2011, 08:11 AM

53 posts, read 171,951 times
I visited Square Grouper for lunch its a bar.....with a very nice view of the lighthouse and inlet. Menu was Bar fare and thats it...I was very disappointed with the food. I wasn't expecting 5 star but at least a real burger and not a frozen pattie.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:04 AM

368 posts, read 929,326 times
Thanks for the recommendations. We ended up going to Square Grouper for drinks which were surprisingly good and watched the boats. We were going to take the Water Taxi but apparently, they got to Square Grouper earlier than scheduled so we missed it. We were going to take it for a little tour before dinner, but when we realized Jetty's was right next door, we just walked there.

Someone very nice who'd been waiting 20 minutes for a table gave us their beeper because they were leaving, so we went to the bar and got a table 15 minutes later on the deck. It is exactly what we wanted -- not in the blazing sun, and not inside. The view of the lighthouse was great, and the hot crab dip and crabcakes were amazing. We've heard good things about the food at Schooner's but we want to go to Guanabanas next time!

Old 04-11-2011, 07:10 AM

53 posts, read 171,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razz2525 View Post
Thanks for the recommendations. We ended up going to Square Grouper for drinks which were surprisingly good and watched the boats. We were going to take the Water Taxi but apparently, they got to Square Grouper earlier than scheduled so we missed it. We were going to take it for a little tour before dinner, but when we realized Jetty's was right next door, we just walked there.

Someone very nice who'd been waiting 20 minutes for a table gave us their beeper because they were leaving, so we went to the bar and got a table 15 minutes later on the deck. It is exactly what we wanted -- not in the blazing sun, and not inside. The view of the lighthouse was great, and the hot crab dip and crabcakes were amazing. We've heard good things about the food at Schooner's but we want to go to Guanabanas next time!

I am glad you liked it...drinks were also good for me!...just was disappointed in the menu....view was beautiful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach