Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 09:06 PM

6 posts, read 8,080 times

Advertisements

Love the place..Comfort zone, good for business..
Has anyone here would like to share thoughts on palm beach?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 08:40 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
The town of Palm Beach or Palm Beach County? Palm Beach County is so large and diverse, that one person's experiences can be vastly different than another person's experiences... from ocean front condos and mansions, to suburban tract homes and gated communities, to acreage properties and farms, city living to enclaves of riverfront dwellings.... pretty much something for everyone, but it is definitely not a place that everyone ends up loving.

However, I like it a lot, and if you're moving here you can definitely find your slice of paradise for your lifestyle.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:29 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,653,060 times
I love Palm Beach Island. It is very clean and beautiful. It is fascinating to see how people to whom money is no object live their lives.Architecturally it is intersting too-from 1900s mansions to cool 70s oceanfront condos. One of the great joys of life is having a nice lunch on the patio at Testa's and watching Palm Beach go by.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:37 PM

70 posts, read 176,064 times
It's nice, but it's not the place for new money. If you're under 80 or not a Palm Beach socialite you might want to consider Wellington, Royal Palm, Palm Beach Gardens, and surrounding localities.

My personal favorite neighborhood is Aero Club in Wellington. I can also attest that if you're young driving a supercar you WILL get pulled over in Palm Beach by their bored PD. lol

Last edited by carrypositive; 04-26-2011 at 09:46 PM..

Old 04-27-2011, 08:52 AM

665 posts, read 1,727,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrypositive View Post
It's nice, but it's not the place for new money. If you're under 80 or not a Palm Beach socialite you might want to consider Wellington, Royal Palm, Palm Beach Gardens, and surrounding localities.

My personal favorite neighborhood is Aero Club in Wellington. I can also attest that if you're young driving a supercar you WILL get pulled over in Palm Beach by their bored PD. lol

Under 80......???????

There are people of all ages living in Palm Beach and that whole "old money" ideal is all but gone.

If Palm Beach depended on old money for it's tax base the town would be bankrupt.

"Supercar" ??? .......... if you are breaking the law, you WILL be pulled over in Palm Beach.... "supercar" or skateboard

Old 04-27-2011, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laidbackloser View Post
Under 80......???????

There are people of all ages living in Palm Beach and that whole "old money" ideal is all but gone.

If Palm Beach depended on old money for it's tax base the town would be bankrupt.

"Supercar" ??? .......... if you are breaking the law, you WILL be pulled over in Palm Beach.... "supercar" or skateboard
No breaking the law here, hard to open up an engine while looking for parking.

OP: I've been pulled over going fifteen miles an hour in my Ford GT, not that it matters since a laidbackhippie knows what I was really doing

Nothing to see here, carry on.

Your life mustn't be that exciting to spend all day trying to refute people when your location seems to be somewhere else.

OP: The median age in Palm Beach is DEFINITELY higher than most areas as well. That's something to consider.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrypositive View Post
No breaking the law here, hard to open up an engine while looking for parking.

OP: I've been pulled over going fifteen miles an hour in my Ford GT, not that it matters since a laidbackhippie knows what I was really doing

Nothing to see here, carry on.

Your life mustn't be that exciting to spend all day trying to refute people when your location seems to be somewhere else.

OP: The median age in Palm Beach is DEFINITELY higher than most areas as well. That's something to consider.
wow, You don't like being wrong so you personally insult me?

I know more than most here about the island of Palm Beach and it's residents.

My location? oh yeah I have one of those "cars" and have the ability to travel.

Be careful

PS. a Ford Mustang is not a common car amongst Palm Beach residents. It's a bit ..... pedestrian.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laidbackhippie View Post
wow, You don't like being wrong so you personally insult me?

I know more than most here about the island of Palm Beach and it's residents.

My location? oh yeah I have one of those "cars" and have the ability to travel.

Be careful

PS. a Ford Mustang is not a common car amongst Palm Beach residents. It's a bit ..... pedestrian.
The only thing insulting is calling a Ford GT a Ford Mustang.
Attached Thumbnails
Palm Beach - What do you think of the place?-2005_ford_gt.jpg  

Old 04-27-2011, 03:15 PM

Ok it's not a Mustang

BUT the cops in Palm Beach ARE very careful. I was pulled over when I was test driving an old Mercedes wagon. Apparently the dealer put some plates on the car that went to a different car. The new female cop called for backup and there were three cars there in seconds. Eventually we were all laughing as there were big roaches crawling out from under the floor mats. They told me that I would have to leave the car and they gave me a ride home to get my car. They waited there for the dealer to pick up his car. I never knew the final outcome.

Once in 1988 I rented a Ford Thunderbird when I came to visit. As soon as I came across the bridge I was followed by a cruiser, all the way to my destination.
They pull random people over all the time.
They pulled over a friend who was home from school and driving her moms car. They told my friend that they recognised the car but not the driver. They let her go LOL.

Last edited by laidbackhippie; 04-27-2011 at 03:52 PM..

Old 04-27-2011, 06:05 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,937,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dataprintdb View Post
Love the place..Comfort zone, good for business..
Has anyone here would like to share thoughts on palm beach?
It's tiny...not as big as people imagine it to be. My bf's family has done business in the area (they own several restaurants in palm beach county as well). When I think of Palm Beach...I think of a place for locals. They're not exactly 'tourist friendly'. More like 'seasonal resident friendly' if that makes sense. I read up on the history of Palm Beach and I remember there was one really interesting fact about the place- there are no road signs (highway or otherwise) that lead you to Palm Beach. Not that it's hard to find but that was done on purpose. It was never meant to be a tourist destination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach