Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 11:48 AM

207 posts, read 1,033,834 times

Advertisements

Does anyone live in Lennar's Rialto community in Jupiter or know anyone who does, and do you have any info about whether it is a good neighborhood/HOA? I am concerned it is taking them so long to build out, and hesitate thinking of a purchase because prices could change a lot by the time they are finished. Also, I'm a little concerned about the location being so close to 95, and about this being another transient community where people don't put down roots.

Also, if we hired a realtor to help us buy a new construction home there, can they negotiate a better price than we would be able to secure by simply walking into the sales center and asking?

Finally, do you think mid $600's is a good price for a 4,200 sq.ft. new home with pool in a gated neighborhood in Jupiter? Once the new clubhouse is up I heard HOA fees are going up to $500/month. That could be a deal killer but curious what others think about the "value" here. Thanks.

Here is the link to the neighbood and model series I'm talking about: Rialto Presidential New Home Community - Jupiter - Palm Beach, Florida | Lennar Homes (http://www.lennar.com/New-Homes/Florida/Palm-Beach/Jupiter/Rialto-Presidential - broken link)

P.S. We have looked at lots of other neighborhoods in Jupiter, including the whole of Abocoa, Paseos, and even considering some areas in BPG but either the houses are too small or too expensive (i.e., Valencia), aren't built for growing families, or have zero lot lines with no sense of privacy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 12:30 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Did you check out Egret's Landing? Prices are reasonable and the neighborhood more established.

$500/month is ridiculously too high for an HOA, IMO. High HOA will effect future resale value (check out why homes in Evergrene are so cheap compared to similar homes in other neighborhoods)...high HOA is a MAJOR reason.

Old 07-26-2011, 01:45 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,397,385 times
Rialto is actually fairly reasonable for a new home in Jupiter, but if the dues do go up to $500 a month that will obviously have a negative effect on property value there. Did you check out the estate lots in Mallory Creek? Little higher priced than Rialto, but it puts you in Abacoa and dues are in the mid 200's a month.

While Egrets has held it's value well, it has gone down a bit since you were looking awhile ago. I recently sold a 3300+ sqft pool home for 472k that was very nice.

As far as negotiation with a builder goes your best bet is to try and get more upgrades included at no charge. I worked for a builder for 5 years before coming down here and they like to show that they didn't discount anything or everyone that buys after will want discounts. A realtor isn't completely necessary to get a discount, but can be helpful. One with new construction experience could help you in the design process as well.

There's only a handful of newer homes in Jupiter that are under $700k and over 3500 sqft right now.

Old 07-26-2011, 06:39 PM

87 posts, read 360,877 times
check out the the shores in Jupiter...established and great family neighborhood!

Old 07-27-2011, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Did you check out Egret's Landing? Prices are reasonable and the neighborhood more established.
Yes, we looked there but want a yard AND a pool, and found that it's difficult to get both in that neighborhood, plus the homes look kind of dated and too much like something you might find up North. The reason we moved to FL was to find something "different" (preferably Med style, which is why we like Paseos and Valencia...Rialto is Med/Spanish but of course looks production more than the others).

Prices in Egret landing are good, but I've noticed they have definitely been trending down, which is not a good sign. Also, since we live in a 3500 sq.ft. house now we really don't want to go any lower, so that's why Rialto at 4,200 sq.ft. is looking good to us except for the (eventually) high HOA fees, which as others have pointed out here, is one reason Evergrene has not faired well...they have other problems though despite a great location. There is a totally separate thread on here about Evergrene that I actually started a long time ago when we first started getting serious about moving to Jupiter.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:38 PM

So nobody on this forum lives there or knows anybody that does??

Old 08-23-2011, 11:01 AM

For what it's worth, I found out dues are currently $142/month but going up by another $119/mo after clubhouse is complete, so $261/month total after the clubhouse is complete, not $500. I must have got some bad info initially. $261/mo is a lot easier to swallow. Also, was told that the larger homes priced in the mid 600's can actuall be gotten for around $600k, and that new models are coming out shortly.

Old 08-23-2011, 04:37 PM

431 posts, read 1,668,172 times
Location, location, location....ya really wanna live on I95?

Old 08-23-2011, 10:40 PM

3 posts, read 15,509 times
Default we bought today

Hi there.

After looking at several communities in Jupiter (whole of Abacoa, Botanica, etc), Hobe Sound, PBG, and Tequesta, we ended up buying a 4-bedroom home in this community. We liked the build quality and the community. The HOA is a bit more that Mallory Creek but the proposed Recreation Center looks awesome and I think has a lot more to offer than those in Abacoa or even Kolter's Paloma (PBG). The only thing that we did not like is that Lennar is not offering the 10 year structural warranty - I thought this was a standard in the industry.

As for location, it is near I-95 so what? It's not like you'll hear the traffic from that side. Besides, it gives you an alternative way into getting to other parts of Jupiter.

All in all, we're looking forward to moving here.

PM me if you have any more questions. Good luck!

NJ-NC-FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by flguy123 View Post
Does anyone live in Lennar's Rialto community in Jupiter or know anyone who does, and do you have any info about whether it is a good neighborhood/HOA? I am concerned it is taking them so long to build out, and hesitate thinking of a purchase because prices could change a lot by the time they are finished. Also, I'm a little concerned about the location being so close to 95, and about this being another transient community where people don't put down roots.

Also, if we hired a realtor to help us buy a new construction home there, can they negotiate a better price than we would be able to secure by simply walking into the sales center and asking?

Finally, do you think mid $600's is a good price for a 4,200 sq.ft. new home with pool in a gated neighborhood in Jupiter? Once the new clubhouse is up I heard HOA fees are going up to $500/month. That could be a deal killer but curious what others think about the "value" here. Thanks.

Here is the link to the neighbood and model series I'm talking about: Rialto Presidential New Home Community - Jupiter - Palm Beach, Florida | Lennar Homes (http://www.lennar.com/New-Homes/Florida/Palm-Beach/Jupiter/Rialto-Presidential - broken link)

P.S. We have looked at lots of other neighborhoods in Jupiter, including the whole of Abocoa, Paseos, and even considering some areas in BPG but either the houses are too small or too expensive (i.e., Valencia), aren't built for growing families, or have zero lot lines with no sense of privacy.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:17 PM

1 posts, read 10,995 times
Default Botanica #1, Mallory #2, Rialto #3.

Why live in Rialto when you can live in Botanica or Mallory Creek, both way better locations and both way better built? Rialto is remote to the rest of Jupiter. We live in Botanica where you can walk to Publix and Starbucks. If you want to get in your car for every single thing you do, buy in Rialto. Botanica and Mallory both have poured concrete second floors. That is a big wow from a noise and quality standpoint. Also, the HOA fees are only $180 at Botanica and they are almost $300 at Mallory. At Botanica they will move walls for you! They won't do that at Mallory or Rialto.

Rialto will take at least 5-10 more years to build out. Botanica is almost done. Mallory has another phase. Botanica has all Jupiter schools. At Mallory you have to send your kids to PB Gardens for HS.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach