Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2012, 12:27 PM

2 posts, read 3,253 times

Advertisements

All,

We are looking at new homes in canyon trails@boynton beach and the prices seem to be tad bit high, For people who bought newhomes or looking were able to negotiate the price, upgrades or closing costs.

Any suggestion greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2012, 02:15 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,164,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjanaa View Post
All,

We are looking at new homes in canyon trails@boynton beach and the prices seem to be tad bit high, For people who bought newhomes or looking were able to negotiate the price, upgrades or closing costs.

Any suggestion greatly appreciated.

Thanks
I agree. Looked at a few. Very nice, but way too $$$ for the area IMO.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:20 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,398,190 times
Have you looked at the resales? The existing Canyon communities have some great deals once in awhile.

Old 09-19-2012, 12:02 PM

2 posts, read 3,253 times
I agree with you 071402, confused now whether to go for new construction or look for a few years old house. you in market looking for a house.

Old 09-19-2012, 01:42 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,164,233 times
I saw a few resale a listed a few mo that back. Maybe they're the older models (still newish). Did u check ? I'd you drive by them you might see for sale signs. We did.

Old 09-20-2012, 04:36 AM

1,108 posts, read 4,217,161 times
Most new home communities/developers do not allow for sale signs to go up while they are still trying to sell new homes...what you can do is stop in and visit the site and ask the builder/agents if they know of anyone trying to sell...I think the home owner has to inform them that they are selling...so they will have a list...

As far as the pricing...if you want a new home you really have no choice but to pay what they want...my wife and I have been looking at new home developments and have found that they have all raised their prices over the last two months...

Old 09-20-2012, 06:28 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,398,190 times
There aren't signs in Canyon's, it is also gated and they won't let you just go in to look around.
The builder doesn't know anything about resales, unless maybe someone building is selling their place.

If you contact a realtor they can get you all the information as to what is currently on the market. There are currently 30 homes on the market outside of the Trails so you'll have a good selection. The good values in Canyons sell within days of being on the market though so make sure you have an agent that's on top of what's available.

As soon as a developer sees something in the media saying prices are going up they will most likely raise their prices. Inventory is shrinking and prices in some communities have started to rise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach