Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2012, 06:55 AM

355 posts, read 912,901 times

Advertisements

I've lived in the area nearly 40 years, but I am so unfamiliar with these areas. We want to try something new, we've done the zero lot line burbs, living on the water, golf, so that's all that's left. Before I wear out my welcome and leave South Florida one day I want to say we tried it all

We want at least 2 acres (ideally 5), maybe some animals in the future (chickens, horses, goats). I've heard its either impossible or incredibly expensive to get insurance in Caloosa due to the fact there are no fire stations out there. Can anyone give me more information?

Need to stay in this vicinity due to my daughter who will be a graduating next year. I also have a 9 year old, so child-friendly is important too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2012, 06:07 PM

1 posts, read 3,394 times
Hi, you are correct, closest station is in Jupiter Farms. If you would like more information on which area would best suit you, my contact info is below. I would be happy to help you.

Pamela Golec
Realty Associates
561-797-7389
pamelagolec@aol.com

Old 12-02-2012, 11:25 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Palm Beach Country Estates is one of my favorite areas because of its proximity to civilization, yet it feels country. Seems a bit less "wild west" there as well, which may be why homes are more expensive there in general than Jupiter Farms, the Acreage, etc.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:07 AM

17,280 posts, read 21,998,333 times
Farms is what it is, PBCE is nicer but only one way in/out so if you buy in the back NW corner you could be 20 mins from I95 in the mornings. Acreage/Loxahatchee is a wasteland. Caloosa is too swampy for my taste and the Beeline Hwy is not great.....seems like a serial killer highway to nowhere!

Ranch Colony is interesting but then factor in the hoa rules and fees.....then it becomes less interesting! Easily the nicest area of the ones you mentioned but also the priciest by far. I think there are a few 5mm+ homes out there. To me RC was built by drug runners in the late 70's due to the large tracts of land, the airstrip all built in the middle of nowhere in Martin County with several access roads (I95, Turnpike, Beeline, Seminole Pratt)......seems like that area would be ideal for illicit activities, product distribution.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreco5 View Post
I. I've heard its either impossible or incredibly expensive to get insurance in Caloosa due to the fact there are no fire stations out there. Can anyone give me more information?

Need to stay in this vicinity....
Any place without fire hydrants is going to be tougher to insure. If a secluded home does catch fire it will be a time delay before the neighbors see/smell it, then time for FD to arrive, then lack of hydrants means they need to bring it or pump a pool/lake........all taking valuable time, your house burning in the mean time.

Ranch Colony is the only one in Martin County so unless your kid attends a private school then it will mean a district change.

Old 12-03-2012, 08:23 AM

355 posts, read 912,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Caloosa is too swampy for my taste and the Beeline Hwy is not great.....seems like a serial killer highway to nowhere!
That cracked me up. Thank you, kids are in private so boundaries are not an issue.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:14 PM

2,091 posts, read 7,514,109 times
Ummm Acreage is NOT a "wasteland", depending on where you are anyway. May only be 1.25 acres though. There are quite a few nice places near the newer 441/7 extension, which makes that part of the acreage easy access to okeechobee blvd to easily get to the turnpike. Also near Royal Palm Beach and Wellington, without the pricetag of Wellington. Look around and don't take anyone's word on it. Lots of newer places out here just sitting.

Old 12-03-2012, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wireyourworld View Post
Ummm Acreage is NOT a "wasteland", depending on where you are anyway. May only be 1.25 acres though. There are quite a few nice places near the newer 441/7 extension, which makes that part of the acreage easy access to okeechobee blvd to easily get to the turnpike. Also near Royal Palm Beach and Wellington, without the pricetag of Wellington. Look around and don't take anyone's word on it. Lots of newer places out here just sitting.

Ummmm.....yeah it sucks. Everyone moved out there to get cheap real estate yet they are burning $4 gas driving 10-15 hours a week commuting east to stores/highways/jobs. Tons of foreclosures, tons of illegal immigrants living 10+ people per house, no services to speak of and the recent flooding was a nice touch when all the canals backed up. Those who haven't given up on paying are underwater with falling values from the cancer scare, then the foreclosures. I have seen people using their yards as auto salvage yards with a dozen junk cars getting stripped of whatever good parts are left! The crime is pretty rough out there as well with one or two deputies patroling that whole area. Grow houses and the (0(k fighting rings are in decline at least but then again maybe they just are getting better at disguising them.

If you are interested in a property out there be sure to google map the street view, you will be stunned at what some of your neighbors homes look like!

Old 12-03-2012, 08:06 PM

2,091 posts, read 7,514,109 times
Which is why i say go look, obviously neighborhoods differ, there is nothing like what you claim anywhere near my house. And we survived the minor flooding near us, which by the way was caused by politics more than rain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach