Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 07:34 AM

32 posts, read 68,761 times

Advertisements

Hello all- I am new to this website and hope to get some good feedback! I am planning to relocate to South Fl. from NJ in June 2014. My daughter will be starting High School and my research has narrowed me down to Boca. I am making a trip down this June and plan to visit some developments just west of 95...mostly in Boca Del Mar...Bella vista at Boca del Mar, Gables Boca Place, San Marino, etc...I really would prefer to stay in the zone for Boca raton Community HS. Any feedback or suggestions would be helpful! I will be back down in Oct where I will work with a realtor to see some private listings. I am looking for a 2br Townhome for about $1600 per month. I am ok with a gated community and probably will prefer it. I dont want to be too far west as I want to me no more than 15-20 mins from the beach and again stay in the zone for the HS. I am not familiar with Boca Raton at all so I am welcome to all suggestions and tips. I do worry about traffic in the are so I hope to find a job no more than a half hour commute...Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2013, 01:37 PM

3,537 posts, read 2,743,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nellynel0902 View Post
Hello all- I am new to this website and hope to get some good feedback! I am planning to relocate to South Fl. from NJ in June 2014. My daughter will be starting High School and my research has narrowed me down to Boca. I am making a trip down this June and plan to visit some developments just west of 95...mostly in Boca Del Mar...Bella vista at Boca del Mar, Gables Boca Place, San Marino, etc...I really would prefer to stay in the zone for Boca raton Community HS. Any feedback or suggestions would be helpful! I will be back down in Oct where I will work with a realtor to see some private listings. I am looking for a 2br Townhome for about $1600 per month. I am ok with a gated community and probably will prefer it. I dont want to be too far west as I want to me no more than 15-20 mins from the beach and again stay in the zone for the HS. I am not familiar with Boca Raton at all so I am welcome to all suggestions and tips. I do worry about traffic in the are so I hope to find a job no more than a half hour commute...Thanks!!
Hello and Congrats on your future relocation!

My wife and I relocated to Boca from NJ 4 years ago and we are very happy living in Boca.
My advice is if you are going to live in Boca; live inside of City Limits. Also keep in mind Boca Community High is very good but so is Spanish River High school so keep the central part of Boca in mind when searching as well. Any of the developements along St Andrews Blvd are fantasic. They include Millpond, Timber Creek, Strathmore, Boca Lake, Colanade among a couple others that left my mind right now.

Good luck and please do not hesitate to ask further questions.

PS- Sorry that I did not see you were looking for a townhome. But when you are ready to buy a SF home my post will apply! There are townhomes in that central area but I am unfamiliar with the price of rents and exact names of the developements.

Old 04-22-2013, 06:45 PM

Thanks for the info! I did see that Spanish River was also a great school. What I was a little confused about was the "unincorporated" area vs the city limits...I googled it and seem to understand but can you explain it any further for me? Thanks again! P.s. where were you from in NJ?

Old 04-22-2013, 08:14 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,424,552 times
the main difference between the 2 are the property taxes...and living in City Limits you will have Local Police and fire and other services Unincorporated you dont have the Boca Police but the Palm Beach Sheriff's.....My son graduated Spanish River and we were very happy with the school...You cant go wrong with either Boca Raton Community or Spanish River...The apt complex's wont require 3 months up front but an Individual for a rental will...

We love Boca and its been great to our Family We lived in Monmouth and Ocean County NJ and my parents are in Toms River

Good Luck

Old 04-23-2013, 07:26 AM

Thank you! Are taxes lower or higher in the unincorporated? I'm happy to hear you and your family love Boca...it's great to hear positive feedback about relocating as I have read such negative things on this site =)

Old 04-23-2013, 09:04 AM

the taxes are higher in InCorporated than Un-Incorporated..Some.People are just negative and it all depends on one's experience and where one is happy...My Happy Place might not be your Happy Place so people will be people but You just have to know all the good the bad and ugly that is all, Despite the problems that Florida Has, we knew that going in to the move and once you live here for a while you know it too and I honestly didnt see what is so horrible about it...It has crime well so does everywhere else, you should always know your surroundings...There is alot of negative about Boca but honestly who cares? its what you make of it and well people have more and less than someone else and my kids have always been grounded..We have awesome friends as well as the kids my son is off to College soon and my daughter will be in 8th Grade and at the end of the day its home...We never know what the future will hold.....

Old 04-23-2013, 11:07 PM

51 posts, read 185,120 times
Hi Nelly,

There are a number of properties on the MLS that fit your criteria as well as apartment communities like Tuscany Pointe. It's in your target area (33433 Zip Code), gated and offers 2/2 townhouses for rent well within your budget.

If you are willing to go a little East (trade off is you are closer to the beach), there is also Boca Valley or Boca Apartments that are located on or around US 1 that meet your checklist.

Good luck.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:16 AM

Thank you. Boca Valley appears nice but I havent been able to find any reviews on it. Tuscany Pointe was originally on my list but the reviews I have read are not good at all so I have crossed that one off. The ones I plan to go see in June are : Bella Vista Boca Del Mar, Gables Boca Place, and perhaps the other Gables residences, Savannah Place, San Marino and Archstone Boca Town Center. Does anyone have any honest feedback on any of these places? I am not trying to live among partying college kids...those days are over for me. I am in my 30s with a 13 year old daughter. I do plan to enlist the help of a realtor as the time gets closer to see private lsitings but I thought it might be a good idea to visit these places on my own and see what I can cross off and what could be a possibility. Thanks!!!

Old 04-24-2013, 12:41 PM

Archstone is nice, they took over the Vinings at Boca town Center and remodeled all the Apts the rents aren't too bad either... I wouldnt read too much into the Reviews to tell you the truth...We really like living where we live although very expensive our zip code is 33433....Reviews are alot of Disgruntled people sometimes and you don't know the real story...

Old 04-28-2013, 09:15 AM

4 posts, read 7,182 times
Hi Nelly, I am relocating to Boca in the next 2 weeks. You may want to look at 2 private high schools for your daughter. The first is St Andrews HS and the second is American Heritage HS. Both have just over 1000 students enrolled. In terms of national rankings the information does not appear to be available online, however you can see where the better public schools are through the site highschools.com or through the Palm Beach County or Broward County websites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach