Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 01:48 PM

3 posts, read 6,683 times

Advertisements

My family is leaving NYC to move to Boca and I would like some advice on the best places for us to live. We are looking at luxury houses at the $2M-3M price range, and there needs to be good schools in the area. We are Jewish, and would like to live in an area with a large Jewish community. What parts of Boca fill this criteria?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2016, 08:49 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,415,594 times
Your choices are pretty open in that price point. Would you want to be on the water or in a country club community?
The majority of the luxury homes in this price point are one or the other but there are also some other options that might work.

Old 07-09-2016, 07:30 PM

38 posts, read 54,300 times
Seven Bridges is new construction community on Lyons Road. Parkland which is next to Boca has some beautiful new constructions also. I live right in the middle and love it here! Welcome to Boca!

Old 07-10-2016, 04:04 AM

110 posts, read 111,312 times
Seven Bridges is beautiful. They are all new construction though, so if you are looking for something less the ongoing construction, The Bridges is similar. Being that you have kids, there are some country clubs in central Boca, that cater to children and families that will also work if you are looking for a country club. Your options really are wide open though depending on what you are looking for.

Old 07-11-2016, 11:19 AM

3 posts, read 6,683 times
Thanks for the info. I wouldn't want to live in a place where I'm forced to join the country club so I don't want to do a country club community.

I'm intrigued by Seven Bridges though. The houses like beautiful and I won't be officially moving there for 2-3 years so I'm fine with construction right now. It looks to be in the western part of Boca, how good of an area is that compared to central Boca?

Old 07-11-2016, 01:27 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,415,594 times
It's technically Delray Beach, but right on the Boca border.
Great community if you want to build in a nice modern gated community. It is further West, but it's close to the Delray marketplace www.delraymarket.com.
Most of what you'll find in Central Boca will be in a country club in this price point.
If the beach is important at all you are looking at roughly a 25 minute drive to get to the beach.

Old 07-11-2016, 02:41 PM

The area where Seven Bridges is very nice. It's on a road that has many new communities. Mall, publix and other stores are very close (about 5-10 drive). I live about 10 mins from Seven Bridges and I absolutely love the area! It is very close to central Boca. I would say about a 10 min drive. East Boca is about a 15-20 min drive to the beach side. I can honestly say I love living in Boca!

Old 07-13-2016, 07:29 AM

134 posts, read 195,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BocaRatongirl View Post
The area where Seven Bridges is very nice. It's on a road that has many new communities. Mall, publix and other stores are very close (about 5-10 drive). I live about 10 mins from Seven Bridges and I absolutely love the area! It is very close to central Boca. I would say about a 10 min drive. East Boca is about a 15-20 min drive to the beach side. I can honestly say I love living in Boca!
Would that have anything to do with you being a real estate agent selling property in Boca?

I lived in Boca for a number of years. Good shopping (The mall is good for looking and not buying since everything is at full retail) and good restaurants. Bad: Horrible traffic and snooty people. The traffic and overcrowding everywhere is the worst part. It's also extremely overpriced. Boca was great when I first moved there in the early 90s. Now it's just too crowded and expensive. Also, I could do without the obnoxious New Yorkers.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:12 PM

I just moved to Boca about a year ago from Melbourne Fl. and grew up in Va. Boca to me, is one of a kind. So much to do and so close to many activities for my kids. I am not used to so much shopping and recreational activities. I was only responding to the original post, with that kind of budget (2-3 million) I think $ is not an issue. I also said Parkland would be a great place to check out as well. I can honestly say traffic is not an issue for me. I will say, season (Dec-April) does get pretty congested.

Old 07-15-2016, 09:03 AM

110 posts, read 111,312 times
Western Boca is being built as the population continues to push west. Lyons road is still being built up and there is going to be a lot of development on Lyons between Boca and Boynton Beach and new country clubs continue to be built. There is going to be quite a bit of commercial development over the next few years as shopping centers start being built in order to support the increased residential homes in the area. If you look up Seven Bridges, you can get a good idea of what the community is going to look like. I recently looked at all of the models to see what they have available, they are all very nice and the layouts are great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach