Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 10:07 PM

6 posts, read 13,993 times

Advertisements

Any idea if the Miami-West Palm Beach to Orlando Brightline train is going to happen? If so has there ever been any talk of adding a Boca/Delray Brightline station?

Last edited by wavves71; 07-18-2017 at 10:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2017, 07:28 AM

216 posts, read 328,398 times
West Palm - Miami is definitely going to happen. Planned to start this year. I have not heard of any stations other than West Palm, Ft. Lauderdale and Miami. The idea is to be relatively sort-of high speed so few stops. Work on the West Palm to Orlando has not been started yet. There are still some permitting issues I think. I hope it starts soon.

Old 07-21-2017, 08:57 AM

6 posts, read 13,993 times
I agree. Having another travel option would be great! Thanks

Old 07-21-2017, 09:10 AM

66 posts, read 117,495 times
It's wrought with problems, and is a fairly thinly-veiled ploy to run additional freight through the corridor. With the Port Everglades expansion coming soon to accommodate Super Post-Panamax ships, they needed better tracks and crossings.

Passenger service was a great way to fool the public into thinking there is perceived benefit as they troll for public money to take. Ultimately, the passenger service will wither (how well does Amtrak currently do for this route?) and we'll get 3X the number or freight trains rolling through our metro areas.

Who is going to ride this service? Look at where there are (NOT) any stops/stations. It's a joke.

Old 07-21-2017, 01:13 PM

981 posts, read 901,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmsd1 View Post
It's wrought with problems, and is a fairly thinly-veiled ploy to run additional freight through the corridor. With the Port Everglades expansion coming soon to accommodate Super Post-Panamax ships, they needed better tracks and crossings.

Passenger service was a great way to fool the public into thinking there is perceived benefit as they troll for public money to take. Ultimately, the passenger service will wither (how well does Amtrak currently do for this route?) and we'll get 3X the number or freight trains rolling through our metro areas.

Who is going to ride this service? Look at where there are (NOT) any stops/stations. It's a joke.
I couldnt agree more. This is a ploy to get track upgrades done to increase freight. Now those of us living east of 95 will be dealing with 50 plus trains per day. I havent seen final ticket prices but I had heard well over $100. What family (or anyone) going to Orlando or Disney is going to pay that price when you can rent a car for $30 per day and the drive isnt totally a traffic nightmare once you get past Boca on the 95. This train is going to significantly impact quality of life for those of us on east side, and what makes it worse is this is getting funded on the back of the taxpayer and only benefiting the train company. Sickening.

Old 07-21-2017, 02:38 PM

216 posts, read 328,398 times
Wait a minute. I am a bit confused. I didn't think public money was involved with All Aboard Florida Brightline. I thought it is privately funded. From their website:

PROJECT FINANCING
Privately owned and operated company—Financing through a mix of debt and equity
No state or federal grant money requested
No ongoing taxpayer subsidies required

Old 07-22-2017, 10:34 AM

63 posts, read 92,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavves71 View Post
Any idea if the Miami-West Palm Beach to Orlando Brightline train is going to happen? If so has there ever been any talk of adding a Boca/Delray Brightline station?
Tri-rail already has stations there.

Old 07-22-2017, 10:37 AM

8,166 posts, read 8,537,442 times
Are they fixing all the grade crossings? When I lived in Miami in the 60s collisions were a feature of the nightly news.
"Pictures at 11"

Old 07-23-2017, 12:15 PM

66 posts, read 117,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbig View Post
Wait a minute. I am a bit confused. I didn't think public money was involved with All Aboard Florida Brightline. I thought it is privately funded. From their website:

PROJECT FINANCING
Privately owned and operated company—Financing through a mix of debt and equity
No state or federal grant money requested
No ongoing taxpayer subsidies required
We're exposing the truth about All Aboard Florida | Guest column

Old 07-24-2017, 10:36 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,426,296 times
You're not exposing anything.

There is no need to veil a request for increased freight on the tracks by utilizing passenger service as a ploy.

Want to know why? BECAUSE THEY CAN INCREASE FREIGHT WHENEVER THEY WANT!

In fact, freight traffic just a few years ago was even more than it is today.

There also already exist railway funds and government programs to do track upgrades, etc. without having to do everything they are doing. If there IS an ulterior motive it's to make money off their landholdings adjacent to stations. Such as the apartment tower they are building next to the West Palm beach station.

Get over it. The tracks were there before you were. I live inbetween the CSX AND the FEC tracks and actually look forward to the quiet zones being implemented once this project gets up and running. THAT is my biggest gripe living near the tracks. I am otherwise more inconvenienced by drawbridges in my daily life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach