Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 03:06 PM

3 posts, read 3,061 times

Advertisements

Thank you everyone for your help and responses, they will really help me in making a decision with my husband. All the best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2017, 06:22 PM

530 posts, read 670,287 times
I sincerely hope that you enjoy exploring the exciting possibilities for your future and that our feedback and ideas provided you with a clearer picture of these possibilities. When you do decide what course of action you will take, make sure you are together on the decision and that you won’t spend the rest of your life regretting the move you did or did not make. There’s nothing worse than second guessing a life decision such as this one. Good luck!

Old 10-20-2017, 06:41 PM

387 posts, read 518,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Star View Post
I sincerely hope that you enjoy exploring the exciting possibilities for your future and that our feedback and ideas provided you with a clearer picture of these possibilities. When you do decide what course of action you will take, make sure you are together on the decision and that you won’t spend the rest of your life regretting the move you did or did not make. There’s nothing worse than second guessing a life decision such as this one. Good luck!
Yep, More good advice. I always tell people that City-Data.Com is the place to go for thoughts on moving or relocating.

Old 10-21-2017, 11:36 AM

21,380 posts, read 8,017,998 times
And always make sure you VISIT. Especially any places to live.

FL is very different than the NE as far good/bad areas: They can vary by street. Or you may have to drive through a sketchy area to get to a good area.

Make sure you thoroughly investigate. I know a few people who broke leases to move because they ended up in bad areas because they did not do the right research.

Also, when asking advice, it may be helpful to ask if the person is a snowbird who is retired or a year-round, fully employed, lives-there-all-the-time resident. Big difference in perspective and experience as far as day-to-day living.

Old 10-21-2017, 06:50 PM

387 posts, read 518,914 times
Yes, I think visiting is a no brainer. Not many would move to an area sight unseen. My understanding was she is looking for input on a possible move. I would want input from any & all who actually live there, whether full or part time. People who try to plant negative seeds without details are not helpful. I know from your history of posts you supposedly left Boca for Venice some time ago.From what I've read you've been mainly negative on Boca every chance you get, not sure why. Anyway I hope you're happy on the Gulf Coast, you're input is welcome...with a grain of salt....

Old 10-22-2017, 05:20 PM

8 posts, read 5,986 times
Honestly if I was you I would stay where you are. I dont mean to be negative but i am being honest!!!! Florida is far from being UTOPIA!!!! Especially South Florida. Have you ever been here in July & August???? The heat is beyond what one could imagine. And Hurricane season. Trying to get out of this state when a big one is coming is almost impossible!!!!! All I can say is to tesearch Florida alot more before you decide to move. It could be the biggest mistake of your life.

Old 10-23-2017, 02:58 PM

21,380 posts, read 8,017,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john-staten island View Post
Yes, I think visiting is a no brainer. Not many would move to an area sight unseen. My understanding was she is looking for input on a possible move. I would want input from any & all who actually live there, whether full or part time. People who try to plant negative seeds without details are not helpful. I know from your history of posts you supposedly left Boca for Venice some time ago.From what I've read you've been mainly negative on Boca every chance you get, not sure why. Anyway I hope you're happy on the Gulf Coast, you're input is welcome...with a grain of salt....
People who plant a rosy pollyanna-ish view are not helpful. Everyplace has drawbacks. Snowbirds, who don't work, don't commute and don't have kids, and who are only present part of the year while vacationing and participating in leisure activities only with no money worries, cannot offer practical advice to those who work and have families.

Two entirely separate worlds. And I remember that you are one who claims that the only language that is spoken in SoFL is English, that you never heard Spanish once at any of the tens of Publix that you shop at. So there's that. Been to Red Reef on a Sat or Sun? The first language you will hear heading up to the beach is Spanish. Not English. Your viewpoint / experience is extremely limited.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach