Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2017, 09:12 PM

14 posts, read 48,891 times

Advertisements

Hi,
The community on here has been so great and forthcoming with answers that I thought to seek out more advice. We are a family of four, 2 boys(one in 2nd and the other in K) wanting to relocate from suburban N.Y. to Boca/Delray. We looked at Seven Bridges a bunch of times and now that we are ready, there are not many lots left. Should we bite the bullet and go with a lot that is just ok, or is there another new community that’s not GL offering similar lifestyle and community options?

We already looked at RPP by Toll Brothers and didn’t feel that it was for us, although the houses seemed lovely,

Schools are important too as we would like to send to public elementary and then on to private for middle school thru 12th.

We were so focused on GL bc we figured that people would be really open to meeting new families (we are leaving ours behind in NY bc we have the flexibility to work anywhere on the east coast). We hope that our family will one day join us, but for now, we feel that the Boca Raton area would be a lovely place to raise our boys.

Anyone else on here recently move to a new construction home that they love with an active community of young professionals and maybe recent retirees? Proximity to shops and restaurants are important too, which is why we ruled out Parkland.

Thanks to everyone in advance for weighing in... this is a major decision!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2017, 06:19 AM

17,318 posts, read 22,065,118 times
Toll builds wood frame 2nd floor homes......tacky and cheap.

At those price points I would be looking at better homes in better zip codes. Buy a new build in Royal Palm Yacht and Country Club. Stable neighborhood since 1959, near the beach and the East Boca location is truly fantastic.

West Boca seems to struggle with resale prices. Look at history over the past 15-20 years in all of those surrounding communities and you won't see much appreciation. Newport, Seasons, St Andrews, Long Lake, Horseshoe all seem to be flat or even negative. Even LeLac seems like dead money. Broken Sound and most of the other CC communities got hammered once they made membership mandatory.

Old 12-30-2017, 06:31 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,401,056 times
If you don't have to be in Boca/Delray, Have you seen Alton in the gardens?
Not sure if they have any of the bigger lot edge line homes left but that's a nice community that matches everything you mentioned
Im currently building in Andalucia in West Lake Worth. Lower price point but nice modern homes and we've already met three other families in there already . They are selling ridiculously fast because of the modern exteriors.
Berkeley is another gl community but it's very far west in Boca and a small community.

Old 12-30-2017, 09:01 PM

Thx for your replies. Royal Palm Yacht looks beautiful, but we are not looking for a 6mm home; it’s nice to dream though! I guess that I find it hard to believe that given the success of the GL model of having a tight knit community and nice amenities minus the golf, that no other builder is doing this. Or maybe I should add successfully yet??

We have to be in the Boca/ Delray area for work reasons. Miami would be an option too, but we don’t have a desire to live there with our kids.

Old 12-31-2017, 05:06 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,401,056 times
Did you look at the oaks yet?

Old 12-31-2017, 03:29 PM

17,318 posts, read 22,065,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weez747 View Post
Thx for your replies. Royal Palm Yacht looks beautiful, but we are not looking for a 6mm home; it’s nice to dream though! I guess that I find it hard to believe that given the success of the GL model of having a tight knit community and nice amenities minus the golf, that no other builder is doing this. Or maybe I should add successfully yet??

We have to be in the Boca/ Delray area for work reasons. Miami would be an option too, but we don’t have a desire to live there with our kids.
FYI prices start at 1.3mm......and the golf membership is not mandatory at RPYCC. HOA fee is ridiculously cheap. You really can't beat East Boca as far as living there and long term appreciation.

I remember when you could buy dry lot homes in there for 250K, in the 80's waterfront lots were 500K. By 2000 the waterfront tear downs were 700-800K.

Old 01-01-2018, 09:21 PM

We looked in the Oaks, but felt that the community might not be as tight knit as 7B. All the resales in the Oaks seem to linger, and I keep seeing the newer homes on the market for awhile with price reductions. We are not against GL, we really like the neighborhood, but before we commit I was curious as to what else is out there.

I know that the resale value in 7B probably won’t be great either... by the time we are ready to sell there might be a few new developments which are in favor. We are looking at this purchase as the risk we have to take if we want to relocate to a brand new community.

Old 01-04-2018, 01:16 PM

5 posts, read 6,783 times
Default Go!

wow I just looked at seven bridges. I'm in NJ and want to move to Boca/Delray area. That place looks amazing. I would def. take an ok lot to be in there!!!

How much is their monthly HOA?

Best of luck!! Being in the 'right' Community is better than lot!

Old 01-05-2018, 01:23 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,833,137 times
Why not consider Wellington?

I am not even going to mention Weston since it is not in the scope of this forum. Oh, snap, I just mentioned it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach