Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2018, 04:21 AM

30 posts, read 36,852 times

Advertisements

Any thoughts in the brand new city of Westlake that Homebuilder Minto is building from the ground up located in the western part of West Palm Beach ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2018, 01:07 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peruchi View Post
Any thoughts in the brand new city of Westlake that Homebuilder Minto is building from the ground up located in the western part of West Palm Beach ??
Just drove by it today. It is so.far.west.

I'm sure the home pries are way better than what's being built in the eastern parts though (such as Alton in Palm Beach Gardens).

Old 02-09-2018, 07:46 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,399,160 times
Prices are better than Alton, but not cheap by any means. Same thing with arden.
Im building a home with Cal-Atlantic not far from the turnpike for similar prices to these communities.

Old 02-12-2018, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinet View Post
Prices are better than Alton, but not cheap by any means. Same thing with arden.
Im building a home with Cal-Atlantic not far from the turnpike for similar prices to these communities.
I went to take a tour and have a feeling of the new city of Westlake development. The location is in the very far west area and it will take almost 20 minutes to get to the SR-7 (I-441) from there.
Let me tell you that I was so disappointed when I found out that the impact windows ($25,000 if you want it installed in your new home) and many other basic options were not included in the price of the house, but if you do want them, it will bump the price of the house to another $50,000 - 75,000 plus the price of the impact windows . All houses have a man made lake view and because of that you have to throw in another $50,000 - 65,000 for the price of the lot on top of all. So I was looking at a $480,000 house from the beginning and I ended up with a total price of over $600,000. On the positive side, they will give you a 3% discount if you are in the Law Enforcement field, Firefighter, etc. and also if you are still owning a home, they will sell your house for you (3% in realtor fees savings) + $10,000 in closing cost savings.

Old 02-12-2018, 05:21 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,399,160 times
Yeah, I guess there's a neighborhood for everyone but I don't know why anyone would go that far west if they aren't really saving much.
I'm building in andalucia in Lake Worth and we're getting a modern style 3,400 sqft (under air) house with impact windows for under 600k. Lots are a little small but they are selling extremely fast due to the modern exteriors.

Curious how a new construction agent would sell your existing house for you since they are typically at the sales center the majority of the prime showing hours. Unless they have a separate team for resales. If you use a realtor to help you buy new construction it doesn't cost you anything and that agent might discount their services to help you sell your existing home so you get an actual realtor helping you.

Most builders offer the closing cost savings since the buyer typically pays for the doc stamps and other fees on new construction.

Old 02-12-2018, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinet View Post
Yeah, I guess there's a neighborhood for everyone but I don't know why anyone would go that far west if they aren't really saving much.
I'm building in andalucia in Lake Worth and we're getting a modern style 3,400 sqft (under air) house with impact windows for under 600k. Lots are a little small but they are selling extremely fast due to the modern exteriors.

Curious how a new construction agent would sell your existing house for you since they are typically at the sales center the majority of the prime showing hours. Unless they have a separate team for resales. If you use a realtor to help you buy new construction it doesn't cost you anything and that agent might discount their services to help you sell your existing home so you get an actual realtor helping you.

Most builders offer the closing cost savings since the buyer typically pays for the doc stamps and other fees on new construction.

They do have a different resale department for that, but it still does not make sense for me to live that far west and away from everything else. I will take a look at Andalucía in Lake Worth. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach