Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 04:35 PM

2 posts, read 8,874 times

Advertisements

I've read a lot about Lake Worth redeveloping their downtown. I'm just curious how this is going? Also, on a side note, does anyone know if The Grateful Garden is still in business in Lake Worth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2008, 09:06 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,250,376 times
It seems like illegal immigrants have taken over the city of Lake Worth. Even when the crackers lived there it wasn't a great city, but now there's brand new problems such as language barriers and gang issues. It has had a bad reputation as of late.

Old 03-30-2008, 08:16 AM

3 posts, read 9,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
It seems like illegal immigrants have taken over the city of Lake Worth. Even when the crackers lived there it wasn't a great city, but now there's brand new problems such as language barriers and gang issues. It has had a bad reputation as of late.
I am originally from So Cal and I was in Lake Worth for the first time a few weeks ago ... the Downtown area is pretty cool with all the little bars and restaurants but the farther west you go ... wow man it felt like Santa Ana in Los Angeles ... I saw tons of Mexican , and Central American immigrants in the streets ... the immigrant demographic seemed less like Miami and more like Los Angeles .... Mexican and Central Americans and less South Americans and Cubans ... with the former being more working class , less educated and poorer than the latter . For what it is worth the Mexicans and Central Americans are more laid back and even friendlier than the Cubans or South Americans IMO . It really felt like being in East Los Angeles !!

Old 11-05-2009, 10:28 AM

6 posts, read 24,085 times
Angry Illegals

i live in west lake worth near the home depot it is getting real run down fast my girl cant even walk my son to the bus stop any more because some of the illegals stand near the bus stop and bother her every day so i walk him now. something needs to be done about this even more growing problem afriend of mine is a pbso dep he and i had a talk about 287(g) this could help our town.

Old 12-17-2009, 09:55 PM
vjm

32 posts, read 131,699 times
After living in Delray this past summer and working in WPB, I can't wait to buy a home in Lake Worth. By far the best downtown around, a beach, decent housing prices, etc. There are parts of Lake Worth that are run down or have a ton of gangs/ crime, but a lot of it is great.

Of course, I actually enjoy diversity.

Old 12-24-2009, 08:32 PM

176 posts, read 647,076 times
Lake Worth is great..awesome downtown..now they have a German Restaurant..down home in comparision to Hollywood...much easier to park and you don't have to deal with the corrupt ticket writing patrol. The drivers are rather annoying....and when you are on narrower streets you don't have that much space to dodge them...but...the cops do a good job making the downtown safe and pedestrian friendly...installing walkway markers on each crosswalk..though that throws some people off.

Old 12-25-2009, 09:36 AM

85 posts, read 272,063 times
Violent and full of Gangs.Gangland documented it and it was on TV.Much of South Fl is violent. In Lake Park @ the carribean grocery there was a shootout,hushed in the media.Incidents also at the gardens Mall. Much goes unreported so the low crime statistics are fluff and no validity to them.

Old 12-28-2009, 08:33 AM

21 posts, read 56,237 times
Bring your passport. I grew up in Lake Worth. The big joke used to be that the reason retirees lived in St. Petersburg is that their parents lived in Lake Worth. Not any more. The Police Dept is gone - now patrolled by the Sheriff's office. Fire Rescue going over soon as well. Cheaper for them to run it than the city. LW has a very large concentration of gang members (there are 9000 memebr and 113 gangs in PB County). Downtown is nice. From there and all he way out to the turnpike is lined with day laborers and run down.

Old 12-28-2009, 02:00 PM

12 posts, read 63,596 times
Downtown Lake Worth is what I would call 'the bohemian quarter' of Palm Beach County. While it has it's rough edges, it also has lots of character. I go down there from Jupiter quite often to meet people for drinks or listen to live music.

Old 01-08-2010, 03:51 PM

6 posts, read 24,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatyhotviolentwestpalm View Post
Violent and full of Gangs.Gangland documented it and it was on TV.Much of South Fl is violent. In Lake Park @ the carribean grocery there was a shootout,hushed in the media.Incidents also at the gardens Mall. Much goes unreported so the low crime statistics are fluff and no validity to them.
finally some one else who knows the truth that media hids any one who wants to move to lake worth is crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach