Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 09:12 AM

16 posts, read 27,749 times

Advertisements

New to the boards. Looking to move to PBC this Summer. $700k-$1m budget. Been to Boca several times. From everything I’ve read Jupiter looks great as well. About us, I’m retired at 49. My wife has a very successful MLM business (Pampered Chef.) I plan on driving for Uber on days my 6 year old twins are in school. We are moving from a small town in rural Georgia. School is very important, so I’m glad Jupiter and BR have great public schools. The size of the schools are a deterrent, so Jupiter Christian and Boca Christian are definitely options. Any opinions on those two schools are appreciated. From what I gathered Jupiter might be a little more “Southern” than BR? I don’t expect true Southern culture anywhere in PBC, but some would be nice. Any advice and opinions on neighborhoods and both cities are appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2018, 10:19 AM

106 posts, read 136,760 times
I think either area would be a great choice. Both locations have their perks, Jupiter is more laid back and less traffic/crowded than Boca. I would say Jupiter has a more "southern vibe" than Boca but not very southern if you know what I mean. With your budget, you can get a really nice house in some of the nicer communities in Jupiter which cater to younger families such as Abacoa. The properties in Jupiter will be, for the most part, newer and more modern at this price point than Boca. Both Boca and Jupiter have excellent public schools. Each has a very different feel and I think it comes down to which area you're comfortable in.

I live in Wellington which would also offer you some great options and the most bang for your buck if the size of the house is important to you. The public schools in Wellington are very good and there are many options for private Christian schools in the area. Parkland is also a great choice with excellent public schools.

Old 12-07-2018, 06:34 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,937,310 times
PBC is not 'southern.' Its metro NY/NJ vibe. Very crowded, lots of traffic, lots of strip malls, fast moving people. If you want more southern/Midwestern, you need to go central or gulf coast.

Also, I doubt you will make any money with Uber. Everyone drives here.

Old 12-07-2018, 06:50 AM

Thank you for the info guys.

Old 12-07-2018, 10:46 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,417,057 times
You might like one of the equestrian communities. In Jupiter, I think Burt Reynolds Ranch is in your range(upper end) and Jupiter Farms itself is more laid back than Abacoa.

Old 12-07-2018, 01:08 PM

106 posts, read 136,760 times
I agree, Burt Reynolds Ranch or Jupiter Farms will be more laid back and Southern feeling. Reynolds Ranch new construction, once you add the options and lot premium can surpass OP's budget. OP has 2 young children, so I feel a family oriented community like Abacoa would be a great fit. My client who lives in Martinique, a subdivision in Abacoa, loves it. He was initially hesitant as it wasn't guard gated but loves the lifestyle his two young children have in the community.

Another community to consider at this price point is Rialto.

Last edited by Mattr82; 12-07-2018 at 01:17 PM..

Old 12-07-2018, 03:57 PM

5,020 posts, read 7,445,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banks13 View Post
Thank you for the info guys.
Spend more time in both areas.
Both have good schools, but different vibes.
Depends if you’re looking for laid back, or Keep up with The Jones to the nth degree.
Best of luck!

Old 12-08-2018, 08:05 AM

21,616 posts, read 31,186,278 times
I agree with the others that say PBC is not at all southern. You’ll hear more northeast accents than you will southern accents. It’s ty fast paced and not relaxed like you’ll find in Venice/Sarasota or even up near Vero/PSL.

That said, of the two, Jupiter would be more relaxed. But it’s relative.

Old 12-08-2018, 12:20 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,417,057 times
I like Jupiter but would go berserk in Abacoa. I like Jupiter Farms for the horses and other animals( there are a couple of sanctuaries in the Farms) and for being within walking distance to Cypress Creek, Riverbend and Loxahatchee Slough.

Definitely depends on your priorities.

If you need a “ pristine” neighborhood, the Farms might not cut it.

Old 12-08-2018, 12:40 PM

Does anyone have opinions or knowledge about Davie FL? It seems to have some “southern culture,” to it. Maybe not as many Ny/NJ transplants as well? Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach