Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2023, 06:55 PM

7 posts, read 16,793 times

Advertisements

Hi All!!

We are a couple (55) looking to purchase a home in Wellington or West Boca or somewhere else in West Palm Beach.Our price range is $600-700K,we dont wish to live in a 55+community(we will have a grandchild living with us) or one with a mandatory golf membership( a clubhouse would be nice)We are an interfaith couple and diversity in a community is very important to us.Also we have heard that gated communities tend to hold their value "better" is this true?

Any advice/comments on communities most suitable for us is very much appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2023, 09:14 PM

3,233 posts, read 3,186,050 times
By interfaith couple do you mean Jewish-Christian? If so, your family should feel very comfortable in Palm Beach County, which has a very large Jewish population. My husband and I used to live in Broward County, and he is Jewish and I’m Catholic and we never felt our religion was ever a problem amongst our neighbors.

If you’re looking at West Boca, generally look north of Palmetto Park Road which has the more well-kept neighborhoods. I had friends that lived in Boca Winds (non-gated) and if you want gated, Boca Falls is just across the street. But there’s so many other developments in West Boca that are nice too.

I wouldn’t necessarily say that gated communities hold their value better than non-gated, as South Florida real estate is on fire right now so everything is pricey. I would say that generally speaking, homes in gated communities have more of a price premium than non-gated communities, but like anything else in real estate, location trumps all.

Wellington is also nice and hopefully someone will chime in on the nice developments there.

Old 01-14-2023, 03:50 AM

381 posts, read 278,864 times
Boca has the "name" and is sorta more established then wellington, not to long ago wellington was nothing, very few if ANY 55+ in wellington , if you are a horse person at all wellington would be the place, any of the "newer" developments along Forest Hill west of the TP would be something to look into, also even further BUT brand new are Arden on Southern west of Lion Country and West Lake in Lox

Old 01-20-2023, 05:58 AM

7 posts, read 16,793 times
Thanks for your feedback.

Old 08-24-2023, 08:29 AM

13 posts, read 19,036 times
I live and work in Wellington as a full time real estate agent. West Boca and Wellington were our top choices when we moved here from New Jersey. Wellington is not as crowded and built up as Boca, but also is quite populated. Wellington is also putting up new shopping/restaurants to be more competitive with other areas.

Best communities in Wellington at your budget, gated+HOA (non-55/equity). Isles at Wellington and Grand Isles I do live in an HOA and it has its plusses and minuses. Overall living in an HOA keeps more consistency in the community appearance and how things are run, which is a good thing. The other plus about Wellington is you'll always have the option to rent your house out during Equestrian season for top dollar.

Best communities in West Boca at your budget: Boca Falls (pushing it); Boca Winds (not gated); Boca Chase; Some of the Boca Pointe subdivisions.

I would highly consider any of the Canyon properties off Lyons and Boynton Beach Blvd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach