Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 07:36 AM

Location: Palm Beach County. Where people get murked by the grocery store.
164 posts, read 793,966 times

Advertisements

it is true. it is much lighter than most other cities in the state. however we do have some of the dumbest drivers in the world. people with no license, no registration, no insurance. they drive around all day. people will go 30 MPH in a 45 for some strange reason like they wanna get rear ended. between the blind old people who shouldnt have had a license for like 15 years, the immigrants with no legit papers or license who havent drove 2 seconds in there home country and then come over here and hop into traffic like they know what theyre doing, and the really stupid people here who just do some of the dumbest things ive ever seen done a the road. there are accidents everyday that probably couldve been avoided very easily. like last night i was driving home down dixie and there was an accident. a small 80's or 90's toyota
truck was flipped on its side with at least 6-8 hispanic men in bandages or on stretchers on the side of the road. and a brand new cadillac deville with the entire front end missing. i could see the driver was to be an elderly lady and i wasnt surprised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 08:07 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,916,163 times
I 100% agree...

Old 12-18-2008, 11:10 AM

64 posts, read 176,825 times
I second you on that! I mentioned this in another post but its worth mentioning again. The crews down in Delray Beach refer to white Toyota Camrys as the "urban assault vehicle." They say when they get dispatched to a car crash and hear that it involves a white Camry, they know it is going to be bad. Now, if you are actually in one of the geriatric communities as a pedestrian, you have to look out for "CVABs." That is, Century Village Attack Bikes---the three-wheeled adult trikes that are popular here. Watch out, they'll run you over! LOL

Now, if you live or work in my area, beware of the 1980s Camrys, Corollas and Isuzus. If you live in Palm Beach County, you know EXACTLY what I am talking about....

If I had a dollar for everytime we've come across a car (Camry) inside of a store and the driver (from CV or KP) says, "I hit the brake and the car took off...." lol

Old 12-18-2008, 01:30 PM

1,015 posts, read 2,162,849 times
I was driving home from downtown WPB last Friday, about 11:00 p.m., going west on Okeechobee Blvd near Royal Palm - all 3 lanes were wall to wall cars going 25 miles an hour. I remember saying outloud, "who are all these people and where are they going this late at night". I assume it's all the snowbirds doing x-mas shopping - but it's getting ridiculous!

Also, I know I've griped about this before, but does anyone know what the "Florida Four Lane Crossover" is? It's when someone is in the far right lane of a four lane road, and without looking or signaling - crosses 3 lanes - in front of everyone else - because they've just decided to take the next left. Ya'll know what I'm talking about. It happens at least 5 times a day to and from work. It's mind-boglling!

Old 12-18-2008, 03:58 PM

1,555 posts, read 4,151,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny561 View Post
it is true.
I agree with that.
Quote:
it is much lighter than most other cities in the state.
Not sure I agree with that, but I can't say it's something I thought much about in recent years. The traffic everywhere in Florida has seemed pretty light to me compared to what I've gotten used to in the Northeast, so I don't drive anywhere in the state where it seems like a hassle to me in terms of traffic-volume.
Quote:
people with no license, no registration, no insurance.
I'm not sure I agree folks should need those things.
Quote:
people will go 30 MPH in a 45 for some strange reason
That I have no problem with.
Quote:
like they wanna get rear ended.
I would say that if someone rear ends anyone else, it's definitely the fault of the driver who rear ended the other driver. The only possible exception to that would be if the other guy was driving in reverse instead.
Quote:
the immigrants with no legit papers
I'm against immigration laws anyway.
Quote:
there are accidents everyday that probably couldve been avoided very easily.
Yeah, I have little doubt about that.

Old 12-18-2008, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aterrell9 View Post
I second you on that! I mentioned this in another post but its worth mentioning again. The crews down in Delray Beach refer to white Toyota Camrys as the "urban assault vehicle." They say when they get dispatched to a car crash and hear that it involves a white Camry, they know it is going to be bad. Now, if you are actually in one of the geriatric communities as a pedestrian, you have to look out for "CVABs." That is, Century Village Attack Bikes---the three-wheeled adult trikes that are popular here. Watch out, they'll run you over! LOL
Yeah, but they've got those warning flags flying high on the back.

Old 12-18-2008, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy S in PBC View Post
I was driving home from downtown WPB last Friday, about 11:00 p.m., going west on Okeechobee Blvd near Royal Palm - all 3 lanes were wall to wall cars going 25 miles an hour.
Well, if it was in the RPB limits, the "25 mile an hour" part would be because they didn't want a ticket. I don't know if the Sheriff's Department is as bad as the Royal Palm Beach Police used to be, but the RPB Police used to love to nail people there.

A good friend of mine got nailed on Okeechobee there a couple times--once going 60! Ouch. That was an expensive ticket.

Old 12-18-2008, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tungsten_Udder View Post
I agree with that. Not sure I agree with that, but I can't say it's something I thought much about in recent years. The traffic everywhere in Florida has seemed pretty light to me compared to what I've gotten used to in the Northeast, so I don't drive anywhere in the state where it seems like a hassle to me in terms of traffic-volume. I'm not sure I agree folks should need those things. That I have no problem with. I would say that if someone rear ends anyone else, it's definitely the fault of the driver who rear ended the other driver. The only possible exception to that would be if the other guy was driving in reverse instead. I'm against immigration laws anyway. Yeah, I have little doubt about that.
so you believe it is ok that theres people who dont know how to drive out on busy roads with no insurance(so they cant pay for your car when they destroy it), or license(THEY DONT KNOW HOW TO DRIVE). and about the immigration, if you dont have a social security number YOU CANT GET A LICENSE WHICH MEANS YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO DRIVE. And do you really think it is ok for a person to completely go against the speed of the traffic around them. in a 45 most people are doing 50 or 55 or even 60 or higher. and then one person is going 30 because they wanted to look at the shopping mall or some dumb ****. of course that calls for danger.

Old 12-18-2008, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aterrell9 View Post

Now, if you live or work in my area, beware of the 1980s Camrys, Corollas and Isuzus. If you live in Palm Beach County, you know EXACTLY what I am talking about....

If I had a dollar for everytime we've come across a car (Camry) inside of a store and the driver (from CV or KP) says, "I hit the brake and the car took off...." lol
yea almost every 80s toyotas, hondas, isuzus, kias,(you get the point) you have to watch out for. my friend patrick was going down a 95 on ramp at night. he was gaining speed and he said he was going about 50 and he looks and theres a isuzu rodeo going like 15 miles an hour with no lights on like not even 15 feet in front of him. so he swerves to not hit them and flips his honda cr-v. he got a huge bump on his forehead and whip lash in his neck. completely totals his 04 honda. the isuzu kept on going onto 95 going 15 miles an hour. thats what drivers are like down here.

Old 12-18-2008, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny561 View Post
so you believe it is ok that theres people who dont know how to drive out on busy roads with no insurance(so they cant pay for your car when they destroy it), or license(THEY DONT KNOW HOW TO DRIVE).
Under our current economic system, a person electing to not have insurance would be personally responsible for damage they cause, and I'd have the penalties more severe for them not being able to pay for or fix damage they've caused. So it wouldn't be necessary to have insurance, but it would sure be a good idea to have it. Likewise, I'd allow insurance companies to require licensure to insure you, but wouldn't make it a law--and an insurance company could choose to insure someone without a license, people could take a chance and drive without a license or without insurance, etc.

I actually prefer a different economic system, but that's what I'd do within our current one.
Quote:
and about the immigration, if you dont have a social security number YOU CANT GET A LICENSE WHICH MEANS YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO DRIVE.
Well, you could know how to drive without having a license, but again, I do not agree with immigration laws. I'd have completely open borders all around the world if I were in charge. Remember that I'm basically a libertarian.
Quote:
and then one person is going 30 because they wanted to look at the shopping mall or some dumb ****. of course that calls for danger.
If, as a driver, you wouldn't be prepared for someone to even be completely stopped in the middle of the road--even in a 70mph zone, say, then I'd say that you are the one who does not know how to drive very well. You can't just smash into someone because you believe you should be able to drive 70 or 80 without stopping lol. You have to look ahead, be prepared to come to a stop at any time, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach