Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 07:07 PM

522 posts, read 1,611,271 times

Advertisements

Yesterday I went to my hairdresser for a trim, highlights and color. She does color beautifully (I do it blonde, what a surprise) but after telling her I wanted an inch trimmed off the ends she took at least 3 inches off as well as cut a million layers into it so now I look like I ran into a weedwacker. For this I paid $200. I am not good at styling my hair so I have always tried to maintain a style that is fairly basic. She did this to me once before and I thought she had learned her lesson but apparently it was ME who didn't learn the lesson. Anyway I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for me for someone who does not charge a fortune, is good with color and who LISTENS to what you want? Obviously I have no choice but to just let it grow now but I don't want to go back to her after this. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2009, 07:44 PM

89 posts, read 294,153 times
I use someone in Lake Worth that I really like. It is off Hypoluxo and Jog. It is called Hair By Genaro and I use Phil, but most of the hairdressers are very good there.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:08 PM

41 posts, read 143,636 times
I am actually a CA resident, looking to relocate to Florida... I'm the guy with the love interest there... She is actually on the phone with me and recommends a guy named Johnny at Cafe Hair, just west of I95 off of Forest Hill and Lakeworth.. He has excellent prices (although, as a guy, anything remotely close to $200 for a haircut is obscene to me!!) and he's an emotional therapist as well....

-that is strictly from the girl, I'd never be caught dead speaking about hair salons... Hahaha..

Old 02-12-2009, 10:29 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,631,807 times
Try Hair Nouveau in Boynton Beach-Anthony (owner)
or
Cosmos & Co in West Palm Beach-Missy (Melissa) she's awesome

Old 02-13-2009, 07:08 PM
m5*

166 posts, read 659,986 times
My best friend does hair and has for 10 years. If we ever stopped being friends I'd shave my head. She's honestly that good. She is the only hairdresser who listens to what her clients want which is why she's always so busy and has a huge clientele. She's located in Stuart but it's worth the drive. I live in NYC at the moment and she's still the only person I allow to touch my hair. Her number is 772-341-0407 and her name is Brandy. She seems me through every color from blonde to black and every length from pixie to butt crack.

Old 02-14-2009, 05:41 PM

14 posts, read 44,482 times
Try Salon Oasis in Boca Raton, its on St Andrews just south of Glades, for colour use Frank he’s the best, I have recommended many people to him who are delighted and referred there friends too! It’s a full service salon so I get most of my services done there, for a cut try Rodriguez, waxing try Elianne, pedicure try Mindy.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:12 AM

466 posts, read 929,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowolves View Post
Try Hair Nouveau in Boynton Beach-Anthony (owner)
or
Cosmos & Co in West Palm Beach-Missy (Melissa) she's awesome

Try Louis at Anushka at City Place. He used to work at Cosmo with "Missie".

It took me eight years to get an appointment with Melissa, she's that good. She rarely takes on new clients though. (and she's EXPENSIVE)

Old 02-23-2009, 12:15 PM

4 posts, read 21,391 times
try karin. you can see her work and contact her www.jermgurl.com
she has been doing hair for 30 years and she is 34. one of those naturals born into the industry and very passionate about it. never do her clients not get what they want, it is more often heard that "she did exactly what I wanted and I did not even know how to explain it to her." karin has worked with the best of the industry on stage and in the salon. check her out

Old 02-25-2009, 06:42 AM

247 posts, read 1,290,693 times
I had a similar experience at Millenium Salon in West Palm Beach. I wanted chunky red highlights, she gave me orange hair. I was in tears. Luckily my sister helped me to color it myself and get rid of the horrid job they did.

Old 02-27-2009, 09:58 PM

923 posts, read 3,095,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermboy72 View Post
try karin. you can see her work and contact her www.jermgurl.com
she has been doing hair for 30 years and she is 34. one of those naturals born into the industry and very passionate about it. never do her clients not get what they want, it is more often heard that "she did exactly what I wanted and I did not even know how to explain it to her." karin has worked with the best of the industry on stage and in the salon. check her out
Aaaahhh !!! She is 34 and has been doing hair for 30 years I don't get it ? !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach