Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 08:46 PM

238 posts, read 576,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayetz View Post
There are a lot of great places in downtown West Palm Beach, and specifically there is a lot to do Thursday thru Saturday on Clematis St and surrounding areas. It's a young, vibrant area and PBA is a major downtown presence. There is something for everyone, it is vibrant, and very user friendly (i.e., you can walk from most places you would live downtown to the nightlife area).
I was wondering how you would compare downtown West Palm Beach with downtown Fort Lauderdale...which do you find has the nicer vibe...and more cool places to hang out in?

Also, i don't know if you have also spent any time in the Tampa area...if you have, i would also be interested in your comparison of downtown West Palm Beach with the
downtown tampa/channelside/ybor city/south tampa area for vibe and cool places to hang out in...

I'm trying to decide between the 3 areas myself...and would want to center myself in easy driving range of the interesting areas in the city i finally choose to relocate to...

Last edited by craig10x; 01-19-2010 at 09:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 11:50 AM

Or if anyone else might be able to comment on this...would love your feedback!

Just trying to decide between the two areas as far as living...and would like to live near the more interesting and fun downtown

Not concerned about being closer to Miami as i am not interested in that area to go to at all...just which is the better downtown to be near....downtown wpb or downtown lauderdale...
based on what is there now and the near future developments going on in each...

Old 01-25-2010, 12:04 PM

98 posts, read 424,809 times
While I'm no longer in your age demographic, I have lived in Dallas, Austin and Houston before moving to West Palm. If you have lived in those larger cities in TX, there is no comparison in nightlife between those 3 and here in WPB. It's a ghost town here compared to there. Not knocking in, just telling it like it is from my perspective as a transplant.

Old 01-25-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanSmith View Post
While I'm no longer in your age demographic, I have lived in Dallas, Austin and Houston before moving to West Palm. If you have lived in those larger cities in TX, there is no comparison in nightlife between those 3 and here in WPB. It's a ghost town here compared to there. Not knocking in, just telling it like it is from my perspective as a transplant.
Thanks for the feedback on that....just curious (with your perspective coming from the major texas cities)....Have you spent much time down in the fort lauderdale area (and downtown ft lauderdale)....and if so, would you say it's a lot better down there for those things?

Old 01-26-2010, 06:44 AM

98 posts, read 424,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig10x View Post
Thanks for the feedback on that....just curious (with your perspective coming from the major texas cities)....Have you spent much time down in the fort lauderdale area (and downtown ft lauderdale)....and if so, would you say it's a lot better down there for those things?
You know, I haven't spent more time in FTL for night life stuff. Actually been there on only two occasions with that goal in mind. It seems more spread out to me (geographically) - you could wander around on foot more easily. But as far as entertainment quality and variety - I just can't say. I would hazard a guess that it is more varied simply as a function of greater population density.

Check out Broward/Palm Beach News, Events, Restaurants, Music for concert listings and what not. They cover FTL, WPB and areas in vicinity. At least on paper - there is more to do in FTL. Again, I've looking through my own form of rose-colored glasses so your mileage may vary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach