Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 04:38 PM

13 posts, read 16,778 times

Advertisements

I am looking to relocate to Florida from NY for a job. I am considering Palm Beach County. I am 23 years old and am looking to live in a fun downtown area with bars and clubs and lots of young people. Is palm beach county a good place for this? Also, how safe and expensive is palm beach county? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2016, 07:34 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,400,402 times
It's OK, if you are looking for more night life Fort Lauderdale is probably better.

Old 04-15-2016, 08:11 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,421,534 times
Delray or West Palm.

Old 04-15-2016, 02:01 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,636,107 times
West Palm has tons of nightlife. I met a long term girlfriend up there when I was younger and we went out regularly. If I were younger, I actually think I prefer it over Fort Lauderdale.

Old 04-15-2016, 06:22 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,421,534 times
Yes , West Palm has come a long way in the last couple of years. Southern Railway Taphouse is a new place that's fun. All kinds of craft beers.

With the Brightline train coming through I think it will get even better.

Old 04-15-2016, 06:34 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,636,107 times
They have several downtown districts and boat loads of restaurants, outdoor shopping, trendy spots, etc. Nobody who is trying, will be bored in Palm Beach.

Old 04-16-2016, 07:41 AM

238 posts, read 576,489 times
I was trying to decide between moving to West Palm Beach or considering Tampa or St. Petersburg...I like a lively downtown and lots of interesting things to do there and also in surrounding areas...I visited West Palm Beach once it the downtown seemed pretty lively...haven't been to the gulf side yet...overall, which would you guys think i might enjoy more?
I like to be able to reach most things with minimal driving...

Also, it seems like the gulf side is really booming in growth now...what's happening around West Palm Beach as far as growth is concerned? Much new development? New apartments and houses?

Old 04-16-2016, 11:33 PM

782 posts, read 760,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig10x View Post
I was trying to decide between moving to West Palm Beach or considering Tampa or St. Petersburg...I like a lively downtown and lots of interesting things to do there and also in surrounding areas...I visited West Palm Beach once it the downtown seemed pretty lively...haven't been to the gulf side yet...overall, which would you guys think i might enjoy more?
I like to be able to reach most things with minimal driving...

Also, it seems like the gulf side is really booming in growth now...what's happening around West Palm Beach as far as growth is concerned? Much new development? New apartments and houses?
Seeing you are from NYC, you will be among your own kind more so in Palm Beach, Broward or Miami-Dade than Tampa area. I use to to live in the West Palm Beach Area, but I moved to the San Diego area a few months ago. Lot's of development for retail was going on, but not much land left to develop on as Palm Beach County is getting built out, most of the houses that are going up are in West Boca and Western North County area west of Palm Beach Gardens out near the acreage, well that's what's planned, new tracts of homes. The homes I saw were mainly $400K to $1 Million range.

New apartments, if they are going up they are luxury rentals and the prices are high, I did see a few being built in the area, but most were done several years ago.

Since the downturn, things have changed, traffic has got progressively worse, rentals went up due to demand, a lot of people moving in but not a lot of companies or high end job creation.

Old 04-17-2016, 10:23 AM

238 posts, read 576,489 times
@aewan68: San Diego, eh? Nice....I was considering California originally but figured Florida would be less expensive overall...
I've been to the east coast of florida many times and know broward county very well, and did visit West Palm Beach and kind of liked the downtown area...That is true, many more New Yorker's on the east coast...more midwesterners on the gulf side...although my cousin is from New York and he lives in Clearwater...

Seems to be more growth and building in Tampa and St Pete these days, but of course, the new construction is more expensive...I guess i probably would need to check out Tampa and St Pete and also take another look at West Palm Beach...will be a tough decision...

Appreciate your input...

Old 04-17-2016, 04:13 PM

13 posts, read 16,778 times
Thanks for the input so far.
I am now debating between West Palm Beach and Delray Beach. Which one would be a better place to live in? Which one has a better nightlife, is cheaper to live in, and is safer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach