Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2009, 10:59 AM

279 posts, read 509,299 times

Advertisements

I might be transferring to our Deerfield office which is on S Military Trail just above 869 (coming from Mass.). Any suggestions on places to live, I have a 23 foot boat so being near the coast is important. I have read that not all areas accept boats on the property. Looking for a nice gated community and an area with good schools, I have 2 kids under 4 years old.

We also have offices in Orlando, Tampa, Jacksonville and Tallahasse. Was thinking the Tampa area and visited the area (St Petersburg and 10 mile radius) a couple months ago but was not impressed with the area. Not sure what it was but it just didn't do it for me or my wife. Coming from Mass maybe we expected it to be like a tropical island atmosphere which is probably not the best approach by us.

Any suggestions is helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 12:23 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,405,950 times
Most gated communities don't allow boats, although a few have boat storage in the community. Unless you can fit it in the garage and a 23 footer is going to be too large unless you can find a custom garage which is tough to come by. If you want to be in a gated comm. your best bet would probably be to store the boat.
There's plenty of good communities with good schools in Boca just North of Deerfield. Depends on your price range and how close to the water you want to be.
Parkland/Coral Springs is supposed to be very nice as well, little further West though.

Old 12-20-2009, 01:16 PM

Thanks for the info, our price range is between 300-350,000 for a home if we get to that point. we'll probably rent to begin to get a feel of the area first. I have heard good things about Boca but have also heard very expensive and posh area which is not really how I am. I live an hour from the coast now and would like to be at least within 30 minutes if possible, I have been reading traffic is not so fun in at area.

thanks for the response.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:18 PM

6,885 posts, read 11,264,021 times
Smile Check out Camino Gardens in Boca Raton

Steve,
Check out this community. Many homes on canals. I have a friend doing a short sale. Deep water for your boat!

Great family area too.

Old 12-22-2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
Steve,
Check out this community. Many homes on canals. I have a friend doing a short sale. Deep water for your boat!

Great family area too.

I like those homes, thanks for the suggestion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach