Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 05:35 PM

4 posts, read 15,719 times

Advertisements

Is there alot of venues, bars,clubs,hangouts and stuff for age group of 19-25? Is the downtown the best place to live for young adults to have fun? What are the people like specifically in the downtown area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2009, 06:20 PM

1,806 posts, read 5,704,418 times
Lots of bars, clubs and hang-outs everywhere in South Florida...if you don't find it there, head south. Boynton, Boca, Ft. Lauderdale and Miami are down the road and also killers of idle time and extra cash.

Downtown is a mix of yuppie and alternative, old and young...what specifically interests you? Seriously...at that age, I had NO trouble finding somewhere to go and something to do. Just takes money...

Palm Beach / West Palm Beach Nightlife: Nightclub Reviews by 10Best

(O'Shea's had live entertainment and usually good grub. Respectables is the historic Alt location, old haunt of mine - kids under 21, once ID'd, can get in with wristbands...no drinky for them...Bamboo Room, when I lived there, was a nice evening, but noisy and crowded. Bradley's is the upscale meat market...ahem...well - WAS, in the day. Not sure what it is now. Had great nachos.)

West Palm Beach Nightlife: West Palm Beach Nightclubs, Bars, Discos, Concerts

West Palm Beach Nightlife - Travel Reviews - VirtualTourist.com

Old 04-21-2009, 10:42 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,886,038 times
My son, now 28, could have lived anywhere in FL but chose WPB because it most resembled what he liked to do up in PHila, albeit on a very small scale. He was here for school and started a business so just now was able to move back after ten years here.

But moved from FLL to WPB meanwhile for the past coupla years so he could walk places that he liked, go to indie movies, shows stuff like that. He's in the music business and some of his bands had venues there. He lived in Grandview Heights and there's a dog park in walking distance and he has a large dog. He also wanted to just be able to walk somewhere for food or have a beer or whatever without driving. There's a Mexican restaurant there with really good food cheap and he ate there about three times a week lol. You can also walk or bike to Belvedere for other stores if you dont want to go in town.

You can read what I've said about it under my posts. He felt it was more city-like than other places here, except for maybe Jacksonville but he didnt want to be up there because most of his business is from Orlando to the south.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:57 PM

It looks like it's a 100% chance I will be moving from tx to go to Palm beach atlantic university. I'm visiting the school soon for orientation. I know the school is in the downtown area so that's why I was asking how the vibe of the town/younger scene is down there.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:59 PM

West palm beach by the way.

Old 04-22-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgal18 View Post
It looks like it's a 100% chance I will be moving from tx to go to Palm beach atlantic university. I'm visiting the school soon for orientation. I know the school is in the downtown area so that's why I was asking how the vibe of the town/younger scene is down there.
I'm not sure which campus you mean. He didnt go to FAU he went to Lynn in Boca. But for a city vibe with stuff to do, you'll be happy with WBP I'm pretty sure of it.

If you get housing on campus it can be a nightmare with partying seriously. I dont know if FAU has dorms or not but he moved out in sophomore year to an apartment with a roomate to escape the wack jobs of the dorms. At LYNN though, not FAU.

There are alot of older people in downtown, meaning older like parent age not grand parent age. LOL. But plenty of college age too. So you'll have to ask the students for more details.

Old 04-23-2009, 06:20 AM

162 posts, read 679,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
I'm not sure which campus you mean. He didnt go to FAU he went to Lynn in Boca. But for a city vibe with stuff to do, you'll be happy with WBP I'm pretty sure of it.

If you get housing on campus it can be a nightmare with partying seriously. I dont know if FAU has dorms or not but he moved out in sophomore year to an apartment with a roomate to escape the wack jobs of the dorms. At LYNN though, not FAU.

There are alot of older people in downtown, meaning older like parent age not grand parent age. LOL. But plenty of college age too. So you'll have to ask the students for more details.
I think you are confusing Florida Atlantic University (Boca Raton) with Palm Beach Atlantic University (downtown West Palm Beach). Both FAU and PBA have dorms on campus.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native51 View Post
I think you are confusing Florida Atlantic University (Boca Raton) with Palm Beach Atlantic University (downtown West Palm Beach). Both FAU and PBA have dorms on campus.
Oh YEAH, he said PBA but I musta been reading too fast. LOL my computer glasses broke and I'm wearing other ones that make me a lazy reader thanks

Old 01-15-2010, 02:43 PM

9 posts, read 60,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgal18 View Post

Hey there. I am curious how you are liking PBA? Have you attended the school yet? Its on my list of colleges to choose from in South Fl. I really want to finish my schooling in South Fl. Let me know what it is like at PBA. Thanks!

Old 01-19-2010, 07:51 PM

70 posts, read 222,101 times
There are a lot of great places in downtown West Palm Beach, and specifically there is a lot to do Thursday thru Saturday on Clematis St and surrounding areas. It's a young, vibrant area and PBA is a major downtown presence. There is something for everyone, it is vibrant, and very user friendly (i.e., you can walk from most places you would live downtown to the nightlife area).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach