Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2011, 05:20 AM

15 posts, read 49,891 times

Advertisements

Hi there!
We are an Army family and we are being relocated to Summersville, WV sometime in August/early September. It looks beautiful, but I can't find any information on rentals! We're looking for a 3+ bedroom. What about the elementary schools in the area? Is it family friendly? I'd love to hear anything you know about the Summersville region! Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 06:06 PM

1,017 posts, read 1,496,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PataKat View Post
Hi there!
We are an Army family and we are being relocated to Summersville, WV sometime in August/early September. It looks beautiful, but I can't find any information on rentals! We're looking for a 3+ bedroom. What about the elementary schools in the area? Is it family friendly? I'd love to hear anything you know about the Summersville region! Thanks so much!

Don't speed on 19 and get WV plates as fast as possible.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:16 PM

348 posts, read 1,052,991 times
Gee, you don't know how importance is your new neighbor area, Gauley River! Mattec is funny and he means that more tourists will drive on 19 during the whitewater rafting season. Just click at Gauley River - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-06-2011, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerideaf View Post
Gee, you don't know how importance is your new neighbor area, Gauley River! Mattec is funny and he means that more tourists will drive on 19 during the whitewater rafting season. Just click at Gauley River - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I mean that they are moving to one of the largest speed traps in the country, and they do seem to target OOS cars more often...

Other than that its a nice area with Summersville Lake near by. IDK how good their hospital is. And The high school is your typical high school.

Old 04-07-2011, 04:23 AM

Thanks, guys! I did see that that area is the biggest speed trap in the country. I actually think my mother got a ticket there about 10 years ago! Any info on the area is appreciated. You can only learn the basics from Google!

Old 04-11-2011, 06:21 AM

Default newspaper?

Could someone tell me what the local newspaper is?

Old 04-21-2011, 01:20 PM

The daily paper out of Beckley serves the area.

Register-Herald
Home Page » The Register-Herald, Beckley, West Virginia

Then there is a local weekly production

The Nicholas Chronicle
The Nicholas Chronicle
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia