Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 06:27 PM

66 posts, read 98,622 times

Advertisements

Well, summer has come and gone since my postings about getting credentialed in WV. As of today, I am credentialed and still want to make the move to teach in WV. I am trying to keep up on news of the area from California, but hard to really know what's going on unless you are there. So I ask, "How is education/funding/jobs, etc. looking in the Mountain State for the upcoming year?"
The updates and information I received over the summer were great and I'd like to keep it going now that I might be ever-so-slightly closer with my certification.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2011, 02:49 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,882,972 times
I admire your perserverance. The certification in hand might be a good thing. I still like your chances at the youth centers more than a county system.

Just curious: What endorsements did they approve for you? Grade level and/or subjects.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:33 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,990,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by handyfolks View Post
I don't imagine there is any insurance that goes with subbing jobs. Can you count on working steady as sub?
Depending on where you are... and how many schools you're willing to go to... I know subs that work 4-5 days a week.. making about 120-135 a day depending on what county you're interested in. Decent money, but again no insurance...but its a great way to get your foot in the door

Old 10-21-2011, 10:28 PM

BBallJunkie,
My endorsements:
Elementary Education K-6
English 5-9
Social Studies 5-9

GottaHerdOn....
Any particular counties that would be good to look at with good housing, family lifestyle, etc. I'm attracted to Huntington area, Berkeley area. Opinions?

Old 10-21-2011, 10:36 PM

Default Summer School

In California, almost all summer schools no longer exist. How about WV? Would this be an "in" as well, whether subbing or full time?
Hey, If I'm hired I can increase ADA by two kids. What a deal!

Old 10-22-2011, 06:16 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,882,972 times
Have you had any Special Ed classes? Seems the quickest way to beat the system is to accept a SpEd job then use seniority to transfer to the others.

Those are common endorsements and will have many ahead of you in Huntington or Beckley area. Don't mean to be negative, just realistic.

Keep checking the vacancy lists. Good luck. Private message me if you need anything that you don't want on the main board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia