Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 08:10 PM

596 posts, read 937,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavoFring View Post
You sure you won't be trying to deport him? I mean, he is a pretty dark shade of brown... although John Boehner may be browner than him after spending 67% of his life in a tanning bed (with another 10% of his life spent on crying lessons). What sort of legos do you design Swampy? I want to ensure I don't buy them for my kids, since they're obviously not load bearing legos, and I wouldn't want their action figures to get hurt.
See liberal, see liberal play the race card.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 08:30 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,939,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampFox35 View Post
um, this entire thread is about you liberals promoting Hillary Clinton. I think your statements are incorrect, you are trying tell us ultra liberal feminist Hillary CLinton is super popular in West Virginia and I shared my opininion on that absurd theory. If somehow she is nominated in 16 I think she will lose WV mostly because she and Democrats are anti-oil anti-fracking , pro gun bans pro abortion pro gay marriage. those are the issues that matter most in west virginia.
No thats ridiculous, I'm not promoting Hillary, I'm not a fan and voted for Obama in the primary. I didn't say Hillary was popular in WV, I was posing a question since I didn't know, not being from there. Explain to me why she did so well in the 2008 primary if she is so despised and seen as an ultra liberal feminist, she beat Obama in the primary there 2-1.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
No thats ridiculous, I'm not promoting Hillary, I'm not a fan and voted for Obama in the primary. I didn't say Hillary was popular in WV, I was posing a question since I didn't know, not being from there. Explain to me why she did so well in the 2008 primary if she is so despised and seen as an ultra liberal feminist, she beat Obama in the primary there 2-1.
winning the democratic primary against a political novice in Obama in wv means nothing. you understand that wasn't a general election right?

Old 02-12-2013, 08:44 PM

also, didn't west virginia vote fairly late in the election cycle, and at that point Obama had a big lead, so you probably had Obama supporters who stayed home.

if I was a democrat, I would try to find some charismatic black person to run in 2016. obama is so aloof but his minority status is his best political asset and it gets minorities excited to vote in numbers they won't for a white democrat. if you find a black candidate with a better personality than Obama and i don' thtink we can beat you.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:28 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,991,295 times
Quote:
it's painful to listen to democrats talk about debt and fiscal matters. to assert obama hasn't racked up staggering deficits and debt since he took office is so ignorant it's embarrassing. nobody is saying bush wasn't a big spender but obama made him look like a miser after one year in office.
It's also painful to listen to Republicans saw how wonderful tax cuts are... Especially considering the Bush administrations policy was... The more ya make, the less you pay! However, they don't realize that a tax cut is basically spending money. With slight reductions Bush basically kept most of Clinton's welfare policies then cut income coming in. I don't know about you guys, but to me that's spending money.

Also, ANYYYYYYYYYYYYYY CLUE as to how much Bush spent on the military during his terms? Cough cough.. oh who had stock in defense contractors. DUH

Bush spent more every year he was in office... then after his lax regulations and policies for "certain" industries... Everything went bust. Then he peaced out, leaving Obama to clean up the mess and giving the ill-informed sheeple an easy target. I'm not saying that because I'm an Obama supporter, I'm saying that because that is what happened. Dirty...

Old 02-12-2013, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaHerdOn View Post
It's also painful to listen to Republicans saw how wonderful tax cuts are... Especially considering the Bush administrations policy was... The more ya make, the less you pay! However, they don't realize that a tax cut is basically spending money. With slight reductions Bush basically kept most of Clinton's welfare policies then cut income coming in. I don't know about you guys, but to me that's spending money.

Also, ANYYYYYYYYYYYYYY CLUE as to how much Bush spent on the military during his terms? Cough cough.. oh who had stock in defense contractors. DUH

Bush spent more every year he was in office... then after his lax regulations and policies for "certain" industries... Everything went bust. Then he peaced out, leaving Obama to clean up the mess and giving the ill-informed sheeple an easy target. I'm not saying that because I'm an Obama supporter, I'm saying that because that is what happened. Dirty...
I am all for you liberals running on tax hikes. it seems like democrats like to talk about tax cuts in election years though. wonder why.

it is absurd for you to pretend you care about spending under Bush if you are an Obama fan boy because Obama has spent a lot more than bush, and bush was no miser. i'm a conservative so I can criticize both. you don't care about bush's spending on principle. that's just a talking point for you.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:46 AM

16,675 posts, read 15,676,579 times
Quote:
Could Hillary win West Virginia in 2016?
That is the question for this thread. The answer is an obvious YES. The reasoning is that having won 67% of the Democrats in the 2008 primary, and the Democrats outnumber Republicans in WV 2 to 1, a majority of WV voters who voted in the 2008 primary voted for Hillary Clinton.

Therefore, she COULD win. Sure there are other factors, like saying it was just a primary. However, the numbers indicate, with all the evidence available (since she has only run one race in WV) that it is possible. She COULD win WV.

All that other stuff about President Obama and embassy attacks is off-topic and would probably have been deleted if we had a Moderator, but is basically irrelevant. Nothing has been said to change the fact that, in her only WV race, the lady got a majority of the vote. It COULD happen again.

Old 02-13-2013, 11:36 AM

2,429 posts, read 7,237,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
The answer is an obvious YES.
But, gee, mensa, if we just answer questions with Yes, No, or Maybe, we couldn't stretch these threads out to 60+ replies.

Old 02-13-2013, 11:50 AM

16,675 posts, read 15,676,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snorpus View Post
But, gee, mensa, if we just answer questions with Yes, No, or Maybe, we couldn't stretch these threads out to 60+ replies.
Yeah, kinda takes the fun out of it, doesn't it?

Old 02-13-2013, 12:00 PM

537 posts, read 958,931 times
Quote:
what is funny is you leftwingers start a political thread in the middle of this non political forum and then you get all snippy when a conservative starts poking holes in your lame theory that screeching hillary is super popular in west virginia. do you guys ever take a break from campaigining? the Messiah jsut got re-elected,....enjoy it for a little while before you start telling us how awesome shillary is.
Just a heads-up...
When you say things like "Messiah", "screeching", and "Shillary"/"Shrillary", it makes you sound like a middle-schooler.
Not that other parts of your posts don't also, but still...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia