Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 04:28 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,940,677 times

Advertisements

I read a related thread about party splitting in the state that showcased the somewhat peculiar nature of West Virginia Democrats

//www.city-data.com/forum/west-...et-voting.html

Do you think Hillary Clinton could win the state in the 2016 Presidential election if she ran? I know she crushed Obama in the 2008 primary, but would she be able to win the state, does she appeal to West Virginia-style Democrats?

I am very curious about this because in the thread I linked there were no negative comments about Hillary but lots of hatred for Obama. Are the 2 really perceived differently and I was wondering if Hillary lost popularity in the state from being part of Obama's cabinet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 05:26 PM

1,017 posts, read 1,493,534 times
Probably not, this state is going redder and redder each year.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:15 PM

939 posts, read 1,894,008 times
Well, she ain't no commie muslim fascist ferner , so she might have a shot.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:26 PM

708 posts, read 1,158,039 times
Any candidate that speaks pro-coal, pro-gun, pro-fracking, pro-investment wins this state, Democrat or Republican.

Old 02-09-2013, 08:24 PM

537 posts, read 959,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurseOfWilmore View Post
Any candidate that speaks pro-coal, pro-gun, pro-fracking, pro-investment wins this state, Democrat or Republican.
Well, she's pro-investment -- who isn't? -- but other than that... So no, she couldn't win the state in 2016. But why would she need to?

Old 02-09-2013, 09:21 PM

596 posts, read 938,305 times
democrats are going to be in a state of shock when the democrat gets spanked in 2016. minorities won't be happy it is not a minority candidateon the democrat side, and 8 years of a dismal economy is going to be hard to defend in 2016. obama didn't defend it after just 4 years of it and everybody knows he deserved to lose.

hillary winning west virginia, teh heh. I love how liberals say she is so popular. don't think that is true at all.

Old 02-09-2013, 11:07 PM

537 posts, read 959,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampFox35 View Post
democrats are going to be in a state of shock when the democrat gets spanked in 2016. minorities won't be happy it is not a minority candidateon the democrat side, and 8 years of a dismal economy is going to be hard to defend in 2016. obama didn't defend it after just 4 years of it and everybody knows he deserved to lose.

hillary winning west virginia, teh heh. I love how liberals say she is so popular. don't think that is true at all.
You can predict things almost 4 years into the future?? Wow.

I predict that just a few months ago you were noisily predicting a Romney presidency -- how'd that work out?

Old 02-10-2013, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunkydawg View Post
You can predict things almost 4 years into the future?? Wow.

I predict that just a few months ago you were noisily predicting a Romney presidency -- how'd that work out?
well i wanted romney to win and it sure seemed like he should have, but i never thought it was in the bag. everybody fakes like they know but everybody is scared on election day.

if hillary was all that, she wouldn' have lost to Obama 4 years ago. she's not likeable, never has been.

her answers on the embassy diaster overseas and the misinformation put out about it were embarrassing. Her answer was "what does it matter now?" Imagine a republican trying to go with that kind of line.

I think we are going to have a better candidate in 2012, and i can't see a white Democrat being able to win after 8 years of Obama's poor economy. the minority vote will be down if they put a white guy on their ticket. I think they will expect a minority on the ballot every tiime b/c it's obviously better than going with John Kerry boring white guys.

Old 02-10-2013, 04:44 AM

I wonder why Obama was crying so much after he won, could have sworn it seemed like even he can't believe we were stupid enough to reelect him. He knows he got thumped in the debates b/c he couldn't defend his lousy record on jobs and the huge deficit and debt he has racked up.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:40 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,460,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurseOfWilmore View Post
Pro-fracking? West Virginia doesn't mind the environmental damage that comes from fracking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia