Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2013, 11:55 AM

10,147 posts, read 15,050,416 times

Advertisements

$4.5 billion in processing investments so far in natural gas processing for Marcellus and Utica shale wet gas.

Company spends $4.5B on gas processing in W.Va. - The Herald Dispatch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2013, 01:03 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,879,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
$4.5 billion in processing investments so far in natural gas processing for Marcellus and Utica shale wet gas.

Company spends $4.5B on gas processing in W.Va. - The Herald Dispatch
The future of Northern WV is bright.

With the growth all the power will soon reside in Northern WV and we can liberate southern WV from the tyranny of the CHarleston political machine and then they can prosper too.

Old 06-30-2013, 08:50 AM

I have to say I agree. The Boss Hogg type political mentality of the southern part of the state has inhibited it (and us) in virtualy every way for generations. It continues to do so today. I am convinced that it is, in large measure, cultural.

Old 06-30-2013, 10:36 AM

6,347 posts, read 9,879,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
I have to say I agree. The Boss Hogg type political mentality of the southern part of the state has inhibited it (and us) in virtualy every way for generations. It continues to do so today. I am convinced that it is, in large measure, cultural.
Right now they are trying to sabotage development in the Northern part of the state so there power is not eroded. Just a year or two ago they tried to force a company to build a cracker in Charleston which is too far from the Shale so they built it in PA. Had they tried to build it in Northern WV where the industry is WV would have had the cracker. The people in Charleston want to centrally plan WV's economy, Soviet Style, to only let growth occur where they want it instead of where the market wants it.

Old 06-30-2013, 02:23 PM

The next, logical step is construction of a full cracking facility in Marshall County in the very heart of the Marcellus/Utica wet gas developments. That will result in a huge increase in the state's tax base, provide for pay raises for the 7,000 state workers working in Charleston, give Huntington access to mega benefits coming from transport of wet gas products and products made from plastics, and put Morgantown in a great position in terms of energy research and development.

A cracker in Marshall County would be a huge benefit for the whole state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia