Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Favorite part of townhome, house, apartment, city, town, neighborhood, opinions on positive aspects of where people live, what attracted people to their current home and city

Old 02-17-2008, 06:43 PM

95 posts, read 466,517 times

Advertisements

1st question.
What is your favoritie part of your condo, house, apartment, land, shack, or whatever it is that you reside in. :P A lake 400 feet away, and you watch the fishes swimming about? Have a laundry shoot on the top floor so all you have to do is drop your clothes and you feel like you're done? *lol*

2nd question.
What charms you about your town or city? There were certain things that drew you to the place, of course- are things pretty much the same or have you found any hidden delights two blocks away? What about your town/city feels like *home* to you?

Have a good week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2008, 07:34 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,315,952 times
Ok Sara...this will be delightful...if you will indulge an old man...My favorite place is my office here in the house. It faces east and I get the morning sun as I look out the windows...I have three computers set up in zones and work from any one of them or more at anyone them. I sleep in spurts and hardly ever look at a clock unless I have appointments that I must keep.
I built this place four years ago and refer to it as the shack. It has a lot of huge windows and skylights...If I could have built it completely out of glass I would have done that...I have two 8' windows that face a small deck...the birds come there to get their handouts and If I'm writing, as I try to do every day from 3 am to 6 am, I watch them come in the daylight hours and feed.
This is only our third house...It will be my last...maybe...we are looking at Jacksonville or Chennai, India as a place to finish everything up...
This house has every conceivable little thing...and whim...when I did one of the bathrooms, we did it with a VanGogh theme and the ceilings are stippled to recreate his brush stroke...His prints add to the walls and I used a little french-style whorehouse wall paper to really make it authentic. I can tell a lot about friends who use it and remark about the ceiling...I know they have given it a good perusing look...It tells me a lot about them.
Houses are a reflextion of our inner selves and our simplicity or complexity.
Many things left over from other generations are here...the side saddle my grandmother used at the beginning of the last century when she was teaching school as a 17 year old schoolmarm. Old books and photos...I have two walls with treasures of 40 years pinned to the walls...Marine clippings and bits and pieces of loved ones (MxPx) and friends of near and long ago...cards and reminders of importance to only me...they all shout out love and friendship...of a life filled with so much goodness.
What an incredible age we live in with this electric technology...the abilities to communicate in an instant with anyone...and gather information from the entire planet...
My time is up...trying to keep on a schedule tonight...of sorts ...thank you for this blog...

Old 02-17-2008, 08:04 PM

95 posts, read 466,517 times
Sounds very interesting DK, thanks for your contribution-

Old 02-18-2008, 07:36 AM

1,946 posts, read 4,073,815 times
I have to take a page out of DK's book, and say that my office is my favorite part of my house. It's on the top floor, looking out over the Terrace and new Town Houses across the street. It faces south, so i get morning and afternoon sunlight. I also have a mini computer lab up there for me and my wife to VPN from home and can access our work. In that room we have a comfy bed, and a tv with satellite so we can take breaks and watch tv.
We have one rocker/recliner in that room, and one office chair that has a heating, massage attachment, wich comes in handy after a good run or workout.
The room also has a built in bookshelf, where i keep maybe a half dozen books, a globe, and a few odds and ends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia