Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 10:19 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
There are a lot of unhappy folks in the state right now, since the government has largely destroyed one of the primary industries that employed 28,000 people, ... who lost their jobs as a result. That said, I would think that any logical analysis would say it is really location specific. Unless you are talking about a few malcontent blowhards, we seem to have a happy lot here in Morgantown. We'd have a happier rating if the malcontents would pack up and leave, but some of them just keep on hanging on. It is interesting to see, for example, that Texas is in the bottom half of the "rankings". That is probably also location specific and based on a handful of chronic complainers too. Most Texans I have met are generally quite content. I seriously doubt the validity of this ranking.

You cannot judge an entire state by one college town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2016, 01:54 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,047,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
You cannot judge an entire state by one college town.
No, you can not. And, that was my point. Anything like this is location specific, and using a state as a model for comparison is incorrect because there are invariably wide variances from one part of a state to another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia