Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 02:06 PM

385 posts, read 1,921,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citybilly View Post
"If these outraged you as much as they outraged me, send CNN a message telling them you aren't going to sit back and have these horrible comments made about our great state. I have already massaged them. "

OK dang it, whut's a CNN?
You massaged them??? I thought you were angry at them... Sorry, too funny of a typo to ignore...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2008, 02:10 PM

19,772 posts, read 22,673,762 times
Haha! *Zing!*

I see a new T-Shirt in that- 'Have you massaged a liberal today?'

(oooh- I hope it'll wash off if'n you did )

Old 05-12-2008, 02:17 PM

938 posts, read 2,898,577 times
"Those ignorant, West Virginia inbred hicks! They are all so prejudiced!!!"

The irony is truly beautiful.

People in WV aren't voting for Obama because he is a very progressive liberal and Clinton is much more likely to appeal to a sort of "blue collar" Democrat. It's a state of poor, yet hard working people. It's really that simple.

Old 05-12-2008, 02:23 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,517,926 times
Dear citizens of West Virginia, I have your back. I can't stand the condescending remarks that some on these forums make of your state and people. You guys/ girls have a beautiful state and wonderful people. I have had the privelege of visiting many times and have always been happy there. You are great Ameraicans and don't let the REAL backwards people tell you otherwise!

Old 05-12-2008, 02:31 PM

13,927 posts, read 39,302,018 times
Funny I really dont think the Majority of the people in my area are true WV...most sleep here & work out side the state... [including me Ive only been here 33 out of 53 of my years]

Old 05-12-2008, 02:56 PM

967 posts, read 2,995,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Dear citizens of West Virginia, I have your back. I can't stand the condescending remarks that some on these forums make of your state and people. You guys/ girls have a beautiful state and wonderful people. I have had the privelege of visiting many times and have always been happy there. You are great Ameraicans and don't let the REAL backwards people tell you otherwise!
Shhhhhhh!!! Don't spoil the (mis)perception

Old 05-12-2008, 03:06 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,682,126 times
Talking Obama Guy In Ohio sez---Leave WV Alone!

Hi all...like the title says, I'm a black male Obama supporter from Ohio...and I personally think that a lot of the negativity being thrown you folks way is bordering on stupid and pathetic!

I don't know about you, but unless these folks spewing all this venom and bile behind this rather divisive election have driver licenses that say 'God D. Almighty' or 'Jesus H. Christ', then frankly, their opinions mean about as much to me as a bucket of warm cat tinkle...

You have to remember, a lot of folks say stuff on the internet that they wouldn't DARE say in public, to West Virginians or anybody else---it's real easy to try and be big and bad and brain-dead using the anonymity of the internet...anybody with any amount of functioning brain cells knows that West Virginians are proud, tough, hardy, down to earth people---the kind of people you would share a foxhole with, a beer with, or just sitting and passing the time with...

You have a beautiful state, and plenty of good people to occupy it---don't let the words of a bunch of 'internet punks' (yeah I said it ) get you unnecessarily upset---YOU know the true WV, because YOU, live, work, and raise your families here, BY CHOICE...don't let ANYONE tell you otherwise...good day, Godspeed, and God Bless You Mountaineers

Old 05-12-2008, 03:15 PM

4 posts, read 12,094 times
capt catfish is right---funny how people are calling US ignorant! While I am far more a Obama supporter than a Hillary supporter-ok, not even remotely close to a Hillary supporter--I think it is ridiculous to call the entire state ignorant b/c she has the majority vote. Are there ignorant people in WV? Sure--there are ignorant people everywhere--esp on the CNN blogs! Don't give these idiots power by letting them get to you!

I just hope some people realize that Hillary is about Hillary and thats all--if she were to get into office, don't expect much--just ask a NY'er. Sorry, for another forum....

Old 05-12-2008, 03:54 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUPharm2007 View Post
"Those ignorant, West Virginia inbred hicks! They are all so prejudiced!!!"

The irony is truly beautiful.

People in WV aren't voting for Obama because he is a very progressive liberal and Clinton is much more likely to appeal to a sort of "blue collar" Democrat. It's a state of poor, yet hard working people. It's really that simple.
^5 pharm for seeing basketball court trash talk for what it is.

Bush never had to defend his crimes when liberals were cannibalising each other, and I see they haven't caught the learning curve after these tiresome 8 yrs. The winner of a dog fight is the one who sells doggie dentures to all but sits on the sidelines with the cash register unscathed.

Old 05-12-2008, 05:02 PM

2,429 posts, read 7,237,435 times
CaptainCatfish,

When you get tired of living in the flatlands of Ohio, you're welcome to move to West Virginia, we'll be glad to have you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia