Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 09:50 AM

1,981 posts, read 5,989,325 times

Advertisements

So I encourage everyone to view CNN.com under any story about Hillary's 60% lead in WV. Bloggers immediately say WV is inbred, racist, uneducated. Allow me to quote a few bloggers.

__________________________________________________ ____________

What the people of WV should be doing, is working to educate themselves on the issues, and not the color of someone's skin.

They have phones there?

Obama has already conceded WV–he keeps saying so in Oregon. I think after PA he knows he can't win over the back woods whites, and why should he try? WV has a very small population. He's going to focus on the remaining larger, more liberal states.

People of WV. I challenge you to overcome racial divides and lies and vote for OBAMA. Hillary is not the nominee so don't waste your votes. This is exactly what the republicans want so let's end this.

West Virginia is, and always will be, backwards. Perhaps she'll hold a victory speech on the back of a pickup at a Klan rally.

That's because people in West Virginia are poor and uneducated.

Is WV somewhere in the middle of pacific ocean with no TV and internet? Geezzzz

who cares?? is this really news? we already know she gets the redneck vote!!! most in WV keep all in the family anyway — why wouldn't they all agree on HER??!!!

zzzzzz…nobody cares!!
W Virginia is the U.S. equivalent of Uzbekistan…
Do they even have electricity in this state land??
__________________________________________________ ________________________

If these outraged you as much as they outraged me, send CNN a message telling them you aren't going to sit back and have these horrible comments made about our great state. I have already massaged them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2008, 10:55 AM
x1x

227 posts, read 805,497 times
Very interesting to read what others believe about the people in WV,
So ask yourselves who taught these people?
My suggestion is that Obama and his followers care nothing about anyone but those in their CLIQUE!!
If Obama and his CLIQUE think about people this way now? Whats going to happen IF? he becomes president?
I guess all of those who don't meet the Obama and followers criteria will be fending for them selves?

But then Mountaineer's always have!!!!!

Montani semper liber (Mountaineers are always free)

Last edited by x1x; 05-12-2008 at 11:10 AM.. Reason: Spelling correction, after all I'm uneducated!! Jokeing!!

Old 05-12-2008, 11:05 AM

164 posts, read 555,355 times
"click" is spelled c-l-i-q-u-e.

Old 05-12-2008, 11:16 AM

78,355 posts, read 60,556,941 times
Ironic. Obama got 90% of the black vote in Mississippi and 45% of the people that voted for him indicated that race was a major factor in their decision.

Frankly, while I prefer Obama over Hillary...it's sad people can't spot thier own racism or have to resort to extremely offensive characterizations to try to invalidate anothers point of view.

Old 05-12-2008, 11:49 AM

19,743 posts, read 22,650,289 times
What others say? Bah.

For them I offer a quote from the ever eloquent Frank Zappa- "Ram it, ram it, ram it up yer poo* chute."

(Oohh.. can I say that here? )

Old 05-12-2008, 12:05 PM

63 posts, read 200,204 times
Default Oh my..if they only knew the truth

The drudge report headline /link to the financial times ,West Virginia spin ,is unbelieveable..and not the least bit amusing...'They ', think West Virginians are in the dark.. I think the rest of the country is, regarding your wonderful state and her people!!!
Can not stop thinking about you all. It is where my heart is, and most days my thoughts...
Take care...

Old 05-12-2008, 12:16 PM

58 posts, read 135,991 times
I fully believe that Hillary is the candidate of choice for West Virginia. We must be aware of the fact that there are basics that we need and do not have. Example, insurance. My father has worked the same job since he graduated high school, except for the time he spent in Vietnam, and my mother works for the county that they live in. She currently carries their insurance, but the price of her insurance is going up more than her cost of living increase, and she will no longer be able to afford it. They are 60 and 52. They need some sort of universal health coverage. One heart attack or unplanned illness will wipe them out. I believe that Clinton will be able to help thousand of people in WV find an answer to this situation. We have the reputation of being poor and under educated, well, when I was growing up in WV we sure as hell weren't rich, but what I did learn is that I am the master of my own destiny, my life is what I make of it, and I will vote for HILLARY because I believe that she will make a difference in the things that I care about for the people that I care about. To vote otherwise would be ignorant for me.

Old 05-12-2008, 01:52 PM

2,429 posts, read 7,235,140 times
One things for sure...

Getting bashed by the Obama supporters isn't gonna cause a single voter in West Virginia to change his/her vote to him. In fact, it will probably cause a swing even more to Hillary's side.

Old 05-12-2008, 01:59 PM

312 posts, read 1,059,411 times
"If these outraged you as much as they outraged me, send CNN a message telling them you aren't going to sit back and have these horrible comments made about our great state. I have already massaged them. "

OK dang it, whut's a CNN?

Old 05-12-2008, 02:04 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,650,289 times
You don't have to travel too far to find a heaping helping of WV bashing- //www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...ho-will-4.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia