Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2007, 01:50 PM

2 posts, read 8,501 times

Advertisements

We do not know for sure yet, so I guess I am not looking for something to rent at this time. There is a possibility that we may move to Princeton, WV. What I am trying to find is information which may help us to be able to make a good decision.

I need, should we move, a four bedroom home with a living room, family room, kitchen and dining room(optional) and 2 car garage. What would something like this rent for in the Princeton area? Hopefully, someone can help me.

Thanks!

Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2007, 01:14 PM

2 posts, read 8,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlflemming View Post
We do not know for sure yet, so I guess I am not looking for something to rent at this time. There is a possibility that we may move to Princeton, WV. What I am trying to find is information which may help us to be able to make a good decision.

I need, should we move, a four bedroom home with a living room, family room, kitchen and dining room(optional) and 2 car garage. What would something like this rent for in the Princeton area? Hopefully, someone can help me.

Thanks!

Mike

BUMP

Can't anyone help a poor, information starved preacher out?

Old 01-06-2007, 06:01 AM

2,639 posts, read 3,222,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlflemming View Post
BUMP

Can't anyone help a poor, information starved preacher out?

One is never information starved as the internet is so full of facts for everyone.

You can find out on your own if you are not getting responses to people who will offer an opinion first hand. I've researched Princeton myself. Look for realtors in that area to find out real estate costs.

I've spent hours researching five different states to which I was considering moving and have now narrowed it down to one just by the process of elimination as I have much criteria from which to base my final decision pertaining to crime, ethnicity, weather, taxes, cost of living, etc. All that is available with a click of the mouse.

Now that I've found the area in which I'm interested, I've made many posts regarding such in order to gather ideas to plan my trip to that area which should take place next summer.

As far as real estate goes though, a realty site is your best bet.

Good luck.

Old 01-06-2007, 07:24 AM

14 posts, read 83,018 times
I myself have been doing alot of research of the Bluefield,Princeton, and Athens area and here is a good friendly real estate company in this area. www.cornerstoneofthebluefields.com (broken link)

Hope this helps
Dan

Old 01-06-2007, 08:10 AM

2,429 posts, read 7,234,439 times
Hi Mike,

Another possibility is to contact the congregation you've been assigned/called to. You might even be able to get a better deal from one of them.

You have to realize that there are only about a dozen or so regular contributors in this forum, and probably half of them (like me) no longer live in WV. I could take a guess at a price range (my guess would be $500-750), but it would be purely a guess.

Real estate can vary soooo much. Would you and your family want an older farmhouse, a modernized middle-aged home, or a newer home in a subdivision? In-town, suburbs, rural? How close would you want to be to your new church? Local knowledge (either a R.E. agent or at least someone who lives there) is really essential.

Regards,
Snorpus

Old 01-09-2007, 03:22 AM

240 posts, read 732,136 times
I live in Athens and it is a nice little town about 10 minutes from Princeton. As somone mentioned, real estate costs vary but are generally much lower than any other state in the US. The farther out from town you move, the cheaper it is. I doubt you'd want to live in Bluefield unless it's an area like Cumberland Heights. Princetone has some beautiful homes but the rentals tend to be larger houses that have been turned into small apartments. There is a lot of new construction going on from townhouses to large homes. One possibility that is a staple in southern WV and much less expensive is a trailer. There are some very nice MHPs but you really have to be careful and check them out first.

Old 05-19-2007, 10:36 AM
gbd

1 posts, read 4,101 times
Default gbd

My wife and I grew up in Princeton, went away to school and have returned now for the past 13 years. The Princeton area has seen a lot of growth, mainly in the service industry. It is really expanding especially outside the city limits, toward the interstate. There is low crime, low cost of living and housing I think is quite available. It has become a very popular retirement community. Many people return to Princeton (West Virginia in general) because of the friendly people, safety, good health services, low cost of living and ease of travel. You have interstate 77, 81 and route 460 that can take you anywhere fairly quickly. Charlotte,NC is 2hrs 45min, Greensboro is 2hrs 15 min, DC is 6 hrs, Cincinnati is 5hrs, etc. Overall, the weather is great, you truly have 4 distinct seasons. We love it here and we could have chosen anywhere to relocate but there is a lot to be said for living in West Virginia. It is truly America's best kept secret!

Old 03-09-2008, 05:08 PM

2 posts, read 8,669 times
Default curiosity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KewGee View Post
One is never information starved as the internet is so full of facts for everyone.

You can find out on your own if you are not getting responses to people who will offer an opinion first hand. I've researched Princeton myself. Look for realtors in that area to find out real estate costs.

I've spent hours researching five different states to which I was considering moving and have now narrowed it down to one just by the process of elimination as I have much criteria from which to base my final decision pertaining to crime, ethnicity, weather, taxes, cost of living, etc. All that is available with a click of the mouse.

Now that I've found the area in which I'm interested, I've made many posts regarding such in order to gather ideas to plan my trip to that area which should take place next summer.

As far as real estate goes though, a realty site is your best bet.

Good luck.
So what did you find out?

Old 03-09-2008, 07:45 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,310,545 times
Oreos: This blog was so old the guy died waiting....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia